Help please with one specific paladin problem

Returning to the game after a brief break. Main as paladin and now have access to lightforge zealot and lightforge crusader.

Both lightforge have an activation condition of having no neutral cards in your deck. I’m okay with that. Let’s try it.

It just so happens my deck is almost pure paladin. So I made a tweak, put in zealot and it worked.
He shined gold, gave me the sword.

A game or two later I had noticed he was not shining. Not giving me the sword. What the hell?
I got a few more points, bought the crusader and was excited to try these new cards. So I put them in and jumped in game. And neither activated.

I created a brand new paladin deck using pure pal cards. I did not even click on the neutral page to make sure I did not add any. I took the new deck into an unranked game, and neither card activates.
What am I missing here?

I’ve had issue before with showing a screenshot of my deck, so I don’t know how to show you what I have in my deck.

I have faith in my pure pal stretegy being able to get me to level 15-ish again. I’ll give it a try! but I really need these new cards to work for me. My reborn strategy just is not giving me the consistency I need. Paladin makes a decent brawler. I rather enjoy the healing and defense. If you figured these cards out or have an idea why they wot work for me now appreciate it.

In this case, a screenshot of the side of the cards not showing gold, as well as the deck code you are using, will be helpful for debugging.
Pics can be uploaded and the link shown here, as Long as you break up the link like this: www . WebsiteNameGoesHere. Com

And by the way, do edit this post to select Bug report rather than elsewhere.

1 Like

Links can also be shown as detailed here:

Did one of your opponents play bad luck albatross

There are several ways for your opponent to shuffle cards into your deck. Those cards are typically not Paladin class cards.

The two Lightforge cards check the remaining deck when you play them. So you can include them in a deck with a few neutral cards and still use them once those neutrals are drawn (a strategy that obviously only works if most of your games go long enough to draw most cards).
But this also allows your opponent to disrupt your gameplay by shuffling cards into your deck.

And even though the Lightforge decks are not very popular at the moment, a lot of “highlander” decks (no duplicates) are popular. Which means that a lot of players deliberately include a few ways to shuffle stuff in their opponent’s deck.

Thanks guy’s. I’ve taken a break from the game for a couple day’s. I had thought about perhaps I had enemy cards thrown into my deck. I will take the new pal deck out for a spin in some unranked and see if I can get them to activate consistently enough.

I do like running no duplicates. Helps with that murloc card to get a new skill. Which so far has given me some nice options. And I have had more success with that than with the reborn strategy.