Hearthstone mercenaries bug on Echo of Medivh bounty

Had Cariel with the explosive armor buff… the explosions keep triggering into infinity after Medivh copied my mercs

And what’s the bug? Sure, it’s an infinite loop, so there probably should be some ‘cap’ to stop it at some point (relying on the respective merc to die might not be enough, since there could be damage resistance and such), but otherwise, works exactly as written.

Lemme explain the ‘gimmick’ of this particular bounty: Medivh copies your mercs — which includes passive effects and treasures. So, the echo of your Cariel attacked into Cariel, and then they could damage each other with that Radiant Breastplate indefinitely.

I’ve not tested it, but if you mean that it keeps going even after one of them dies, then the death phase is probably resolved after the treasure, and that’s it. Or is it that you mean by a bug?

i know what it is supposed to do. But this is definitely a bug. The explosions go on an on even after the max health of the mercs have been exceeded. It doesnt stop even after exploding for 5 mins. I had to shut down the app. I’d paste a screenshot of this as evidence, but seems like there isnt such a function in this forum.

More like one of a few ‘infinite’ loops, as explained above, which one could find in the game. Rend Blackhand in particular is prone to this, for example with Infernal Combustion.

You could call it a bug or a quirk, depending on your viewpoint. It’s definitely one of the lesser issues present in the game, though.

It might be lengthy animations, since there is a ‘cap’, I believe, after which the ‘action’ eventually stops, so that such loops are not that infinite after all.

By the way, relaunching the game is a known trick to skip those animations (some people even perform a bit of firewall mumbo jumbo to that end, but I don’t want to get into this).

You could find a way, in this very forum, even (yeah, reading skills rule again), but there’s no need, we’ve seen what it generally looks like, although I don’t think I’ve personally tested this particular interaction.