Hearthstone Mercenaries Bug Compilation - 25.4

Impressive work! Sadly, many bugs have been known for some time and reported, however, they still remain not fixed, so I would not keep my expectations high.

There’s also this: Mercenaries: Ysera's Verdant Breath is a problem

Well, if it’s a ‘discover an ability’ kind of thing, then it might as well be two abilities, technically speaking.

I don’t think they should.

3 Likes

I appreciate the input. I tried to be as objective as possible with reporting by using logic, established mechanics and consistency when it came to what to write down. I have not yet tested the Ysera Verdant Breath bug for myself, and so did not write that one down, but I was made aware of it prior.

The Bwonsamdi interaction with Lokholar is inconsistent with other “discover” abilities. Abilities such as Ysera’s Emerald Dream and Tess’ Princess Power! only trigger it once.

You’re right however that there is a precedent for Tess not being able to discover modified abilities due to Blink Fox sharing this behaviour, however logically I feel a “copy” should be a copy, benefits and all. It’s possible that the reason for this is an attempt at futureproofing. Hovering over Korrak when he is in play reveals a tooltip for a currently unused “silence” mechanic, which is stated to “Remove all card text, equipment, treasures and enchantments”. I believe this is an error because Bwonsamdi does not share this tooltip with his New Client equipment, and because Korrak does not lose his equipment when he revives, however it does give some valuable insight into the direction the game may lead in the near future, and why certain interactions exist in the way that they do now.

1 Like

My reasoning, which didn’t make it into the final edition of the previous post, was the following: the equipment in question is a passive property of a mercenary itself, not the ability that it modifies.

In my opinion, it often reveals sloppy and inconsistent (done in an ad hoc fashion) coding behind the scenes. I’ve reviewed an instance of in on the forum — in my opinion, it tells about even more mess behind the scenes than meets the eye.

1 Like

Thank you for doing this. All of this in one place definitely makes it easier to keep reminding devs to either fix the bugs or acnowledge that they’re features (like… maybe charge is supposed to work this way?)

One more bug (or possible feature)

Eudora’s PvE Treasure:
Cannon Barrage: "Passive. Eudora's cannons Fire twice"
seems not to work - though another person (I cannot find their original bug report) reported that it only doesn’t work with the cannon summoned by the Prime Armaments Equipment.

1 Like

It’s been known for some time, but so have numerous other bugs. I could probably link quite a few, although it’s unclear whether the purpose of this topic was to track newly introduced issues in 24.4.

1 Like

A lot of the new mercs abilities are worded so strangely that I’m left scratching my head about how they’re supposed to work. So some of them may well be features not bugs.

I think that might be worth it to accumulate all these bugs in one place, make it easier to remind the devs what’s still broken.

I think you’re quoting the chat chain of the person who posted to the patch notes that I couldn’t remember, and a user called “horsy” mentioned that it’s likely the battlecry vs ability created cannon. Also, I also reported it back in the beginning of August: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/en/hearthstone/t/mercenaries-eudoras-cannon-barrage-broken/92239

Just to show why I have a horse in this particular race :wink:

Right? But I’d like some clarity so that I know to stop reporting them as bugs :smiley:

Ideally, they should have a bugzilla or something like that… I underline ‘ideally’. As for this one, I would also want the author’s opinion.

I’m aware of what I’m quoting… There’s the report and a reply to it with further details.

Well, so far I’m a bit ahead of you. :grinning: But yeah, there are so many essentially duplicate threads or posts in this forum.

I meant to just say: thank you, you found the thread which I was referring to (but in more words because I don’t know who else will click the link to see the chain). And yeah, OP, if you don’t want other bug reports to accumulate here let us know but I took your post as an invitation to collect Mercenaries bugs.

Well, so far I’m a bit ahead of you. :grinning:

Proof or it didn’t happen :wink:

Isn’t it sad how the community has to do their own QA for the game because the devs can’t be bothered to test their own features before they release them?

4 Likes

Oh, my good man, you’ve not been paying attention: above I’ve linked a thread from June-July, where, by the way, the esteemed horsy and yours truly had already participated then.

Well, it is what it is… I believe we’ve already discussed it elsewhere.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if the mode was considered beta, and we were testers — the problem is, so far the communications has been… lacklustre even regarding issues already tested and reported by the community.

PS

I understand that the purpose is also to collect confirmed bug reports — I’ve seen a number of topics where either I could not reproduce the issue or people have been outright bad at reading patch notes, obscure as they are, or doing any kind of search on the forum before posting and reporting non-existent ‘issues’ (party-specific equipment is probably the most common by far, from what I’ve seen) — not to mention a lot of duplicate posts or threads.

Oh whoopsie, you’re right I should have checked all the documentation you provided.

“'confirmed bug reports,” despite your emphasis I don’t understand what you mean. Confirmed by whom? And how does the Eudora cannon issue not fit those parameters? I can confirm from my experience that cannon barrage is not working, and I found a person who claims that in fact it does work in certain cases that I didn’t test to acknowledge that there may be more to it. Or do you mean confirmed by devs? In which case I have not seen the devs confirm that e.g. the way charge works is a bug and not a feature.

Agreed.

Just as an example, it took me forever to figure out that Finley’s ability that gives a divine shield if you have “more characters” meant not that there were more of your characters left to act, but that you have more characters in your party than your opponent. I thought it was bugged at first, but maybe I’m just dense.

1 Like

Anyone is more than welcome to share bugs that they have personally encountered here. I’d just ask that third-party accounts of bugs be kept to a minimum to avoid false flags. Also, and this isn’t directed towards anyone in particular, I’d appreciate if the thread could remain civil. I’d like us all to assume that the post ‘will’ be read by someone on the Mercenaries team, regardless of whether or not we get a reply.

For clarity, the goal of the post was to report all of the bugs that I personally have encountered, or those that I can reproduce, in version 24.4, but not bugs necessarily exclusive to the version. I will likely not be taking any actions towards confirming for myself those encountered in the replies, at least not anytime soon. Maybe a couple of patches down the line I will make another post and include those, or edit this one accordingly. Hopefully at that time I can also remove some as well.

If you read the first post, you will noticed how the author insisted on personally confirming the bugs reported.
If you ask me, having it done by someone from the community, at the very least, would be nice. The purpose is to avoid so many false reports that emerge here occasionally.
As for developers… It takes time for them to acknowledge some issues, and others are never documented e.g. in patch notes even despite having been fixed.

Well I’m not insisting he include it on his personal list. I am trying to understand how you want me to change my behavior. I thought it would be fine for me to post issues I’ve noticed under this post. And you have a problem with it. Or are you just debating me for the fun of it?

Makes sense to me, I have no intent of spreading bugs that I haven’t encountered either.

I was proposing that any kind of community’s bug compilation include bugs that are confirmed or verified at least by someone from the community, lest this become a dump. This proposition pertains to everyone interested. If you’re after suggestions regarding an optimal way to post bugs, I would suggest doing a search on the forum or other media first, then opening a topic related to the bug and finally contributing to the collection once the issue has been confirmed.