Health tuning: a new balancing tool?

Again, it doesn’t have to.

Nerfs happen to the fastest decks all the time. We have also had plenty of metas with multiple fast decks that worked all at once, without one cannibalizing the others.

Just because it’s a difficult balance point to hit doesn’t mean it’s an impossible one.

There is Difference between dificult and mathematically not possible.

Also it does not mean that the deck that loses to it not has other uses.

They can’t balance hero health in standard like they do this twist season. The twist season has heroes with pre defined decks that have no variance. You can’t design your own deck. Standard has zarimi priest and reno priest, hanbuff paladin and aggro paladin, pain warlock and insanity warlock, face hunter and reno hunter, gaslight rogue and excavate rogue. The disparity between the ways the different decks within the same class play means you can never balance hero starting health in standard like twist.

2 Likes

Seems like an awful idea in standard… you could never revise the hp down… or aggro will maul you in 3 turns…on the flipside you increase the hp to 40 and every game is a 40 minute warrior vs warrior reno match with a few bored people playing owl druid.

Yeah, lol, imagine tomorrow I open up a game, queue up, get matched to a warrior with 40 starting hp

That’d be it for me.

There is no difference between equality of outcome and equality of opportunity. IRL today’s outcomes ARE tomorrow’s opportunities, you can’t separate them. In-game there isn’t such a thing of measurement of opportunities.

Either you reject equality, as I do, or you don’t reject it. “Equality of opportunity” is BS and everyone who uses the concept is at best lying to themselves. Mostly fake conservatives who want leftist virtue signal points.