Good food did not work in adventure tombs of terror

I played hero Reno in Tombs of Terror, the initial health of my hero is 15.
I have Sr. Tomb Diver in my deck, and I find a Hearthstone which has the effect:
Start of Game: Draw this. Escape to the Tavern and remove this from your Adventure deck.

When I battle with the first boss, I triggered the Hearthstone. I escape to the tavern. Then I find a Good food which has the effect:
Increase your starting Health by 5.

After I got out the tavern, and the health of Reno is 20. However when I try to battle with another boss(1/8 the first boss), when the game starts, the health of my hero is 15.
The good food did not wok.

I also encounter the same problem for second boss(2/8), when I buff the hero health to 30, and when the game starts, the health was cut to 25.

The bug is really annoying, I am trying to buff the health of my hero to 300. Did you restrict the heal of hero at each boss, from the first to the eighth?

Any update? I am waiting for your response?
Who is responsible for handle the bug report?

I first create another bug report on 30 June, and it has been more than 20 days but nobody response. So, I had to submit this new bug report. Any customer service here?

Do you expect that your treasures are kept for the next run?
That’s not the case - each run is independent.
When you lose a game or complete the run, you start again with Challange 1/8 and all collected treasures/passives/health gains are gone.

Do you expect that your treasures are kept for the next run?
Why not? The health from the 1st boss to 8th boss.
The health of hero is
1->15
2->20
3->25
4->30
5->35
6->40
Currently, I am always battle with the 6th boss, and my health is always 45 instead of 40. That’s why I think the “good food” effect should be kept.
By the way, the description of " good food" is “Increase your starting Health by 5.”, I recognize it as, my health will always increased.

update on 2020-07-30:
The health in level 4 was limited to 35(increase 5 over default value 30), even if I can increase it to 40 and 45, it will be cut automatically.

Because that would make the challenge hilariously easy
I could go through the relatively easy first four bosses a few hundred times until I start each run with all passives, a deck full of overpowered treasure cards, and 2000 health, and then none of the bosses would be a match for me.

Yes, it is. For the entire rest of the run.

2 Likes

Actually the fist 4 bosses are the hardest, it’ s very easy to run out of deck for hero and the boss. And some bosses are hard to defeat, such as Thrud, it will stole card from your deck.
Twizzleflux,Hero Power Give a minion “Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.”

From my experience, the best deck should combined with “VIP Membership”. And the boss should be the 6th, since the deck have enough cards to avoid quickly run out of deck.
Study Break, find secret. Discover a spell. Add it to your Adventure deck. It always starts in your hand.
Kindle to remove useless spell. Look at four spells from your Adventure Deck. Choose one to remove.
Right Hand Man to make sure the Sr. Tomb Diver will always in hand at the start of game.
The Gang’s All Here! to make sure there are at least 7 Sr. Tomb Diver in your deck.
VIP Membership to make sure all cards in your deck could be 0 mana cost.

It’s not that easy to reach 2000 health as you think.

It is if you can keep restarting the run and stacking all bonuses from previous runs. All it takes is patience.

Anyway, we’re wildly off topic already. This is the bug report forum, and this is clearly not a bug. If you want to discuss how you believe the adventure should be rebalanced, I recommend the Singleplayer Discussion forum.

So you mean the good food’s effect only take effect for the next boss, right?
Finally I found only the “good food” got from the normal process take effect always.
And the good food found by Hearthstone only take effect for next boss.
Start of Game: Draw this. Escape to the Tavern and remove this from your Adventure deck.

That’s strange behavior, why the good food has different effects? It’s not described in card description.

Let me give you more detail about the bug.
Currently I am ready to battle with the boss(the 6th one), and on Tavern UI show my health is 55.(the health already buffed by good food).
When I play the game with boss, and the game start, my actual health in game is 45.( As I mentioned before, the default health of hero is 40 when battle with 6th boss, here the actual health is 45, just increase 5).
And when I found the Herthstone treasure, and escape to tavern. My health was cut to 50(55-5).

If I do not use good food again, my health in tavern would always keep at 50, and when I play game with boss, my health was limited to 45 in game. After I back to tavern, my health will not cut to 45. It will always keep as 50.

How would you explain the weird behavior of health? I believe this is definite bug for good food treasure.

I’m starting to think that we have so far been misunderstanding each other.

In a normal run, you have 15 health against the first boss, 20 against the second, and so on. So in the final fight (8th boss), you should be at 50 health.
If at any time during this run you pick Good Food, you should get 5 health extra for that run. The entire rest of the run. So let’s say you fight the 4th boss (starting at 30). After that fight you pick up Good Food. Then against boss 5 you start at 40 (35 + 5), against boss 6 at 45 (40 + 5), etc.

The Hearthstone escape aborts the game, gets you to the tavern, and then you get another fight against a new boss at the same level. So in the example above. let’s say the fight against boss 6 goes bad and you use Hearthstone to escape. After that the next boss is still considered a level 6 boss, and you should still have the bonus, so now you again start at 45. And then against boss 7 at 60.

If you then lose that fight against boss 7, your run is over and everything resets (except the health of the final boss). So when you then start a new run, you have no bonus anymore and start, again, at 15 health.

If the game works as described above for you, then this is not a bug.
However, after seeing your last message I feel I might have misunderstood you at first. Perhaps you were reporting that within the same run, without losing any fight, you still lost a health bonus. If that is the case, then that would indeed be a bug.

(I just started a new run myself to double check but so far I have not been offered any Good Food yet).

Yes, I am reporting the bug in the same run(I just fight through level 1 to level 6 bosses and I stuck on the level 6 boss, I did not fight with K’zrath, Plague Lord of Madness[the level 8 boss]).
I am from China, I misunderstood the next run as fight with the next boss. When you talking about next run, you mean failed with 8 boss, and restart from the first boss? That’s not my case.

The problem I encountered happens in same run, I did not reach the boss 8, and always keep fight with boss 6.

The most easy way to reproduce is fight with the first boss, and escape by Hearthstone, use a good food. Your hero health would be 20(15+5), however when you try to fight with another boss of level 1.
After you start the game, you will find your health was cut to 15, and it’s full of health.

It’s not that stable to reproduce, you must have Sr. Tomb Diver with the secret deck, which has 3 secrets in it.
And the treasure should be Darklight Torch or VIP Membership, and VIP Membership is better. vip could make all cards in deck become 0 cost.
You can have glance at my deck, the card name is in Chinese. You can recognize it by card picture.
I did not have permission to share a img lin here, so I base64 encoded the url, you might google a base64 decode tool to get the img url. decode the following string by base64: aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWcyMDIwLmNuYmxvZ3MuY29tL2Jsb2cvNDcwNTUwLzIwMjAwNy80NzA1NTAtMjAyMDA3MjYxMzAxMjM3OTEtMjE5MjYwMTcucG5nIA==

The key point is find at least 3 secrets by Study Break, then you can draw 3 secrets at the start of game. And have enough(at least 7) 0 mana cost Sr. Tomb Diver. It can be used with Mystical Mirage, make it possible to trigger hero power 5 times in one turn to quickly find the Hearthstone.
By the way,Kindle can be used to remove useless spell from your deck.Work, Work! and Dismiss can be used to remove useless minion from your deck.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/how-to-share-links-to-screenshots-videos-and-replays/2242/6

If you use ‘the Hearthstone’ you will go to the tavern instead of finishing the current game.
After the tavern you stay in the same run with the same level.

So you say your idea is to stay in the same run and use the hero power provided by ‘Sr. Tomb Diver’ in every single game to get “Hearthstone” treasures, to exit to the tavern. Technically this should work and good food should stack. As long as you never loose and manage to get a “Hearthstone” in every single game.

stay in the same run with the same level
Yes, I currently stay the same run with level 6, and always find the “Hearthstone”. And the good food will add my health to 55, and when I battle with different bosses on level 6, my health was automatically cut to 45, and escape by “Hearthstone” which found by Uldum Treasure Cache, then my health on UI cut to 50(previously 55).
That’s why I report there is a bug for “Good food”.
The highest health I can get in game is limited to 45 on level 6, although the health on UI show as 50 or 55.

The hero power given by Sr. Tomb Diver is Uldum Treasure Cache.
Hero Power Discover a Treasure.

@Nirot, @BigHugger Are you the staff of blz? If you are not, who will handle this bug report, it’s really annoying.

No. We are players, not employees.

QA (quality assurance) staff monitor this forum, double check reports, and pass those that need to be fixed to developers. It is very rare to see responses from them, though.

My questions were aimed at (1) figuring out if there’s a misunderstanding or an actual bug (the latter is not confirmed); and (2) trying to get as many details as possible for Blizzard to investigate and fix this.

@Nirot, @BigHugger Do you have enough time to reproduce this bug? Or maybe I can upload a video for you to confirm it?

If you have a video, then please do upload it.

@Bighugger, @Nirot, I upload a video, you can check it
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1eh411Z7LC/
The health of hero in tavern was 45, and when the game start, the health was cut to 35. And when I escape to tavern by Hearthstone, my health was cut to 40.

Is this video available for you? I upload it to a video site in China.

Any updte? It has been four days

I know this an old thread but I wanted to say that I have been experiencing the same issue as LuckyTiger with regards to the Good Food treasure in Bob’s Tavern in Tombs of Terror. I have had several runs now using the Reno hero/ secret starting deck/ Senior Tomb Diver treasure to force repeated visits to Bob’s Tavern, and despite using the Good Food treasure numerous times, in the next game (within the same run), my starting health is only 5 more than the base starting health, as opposed to 10 or 15 more if I had used Good Food 2 or 3 times.

The way Good Food is worded leads a player to believe that they should stack within a run, however this does not appear to be the case. If this is a bug, it should be addressed, and if not, then the wording of Good Food should be changed.

I have submit an issue here, an unofficial issue tracker for Hearthstone.

https://github.com/HearthSim/hs-bugs/issues/1355