Getting back in, what to buy

I have been looking to get back into the game after a long hiatus, wondering what packs to buy for the new season to make some decks.

well 1st welcome back , I would say you can get ur free return player stuff - and maybe the new/returning player rank stuff for pack til the new expac that around the corner.

Check their forum out to see what deck there are and pick class or closest to the best deck you’ll use for rank.

As for packs, generally the new Expac will be the semi best investment so not til March 30th for the release of the expac.

Oh and don’t worry abouy spending money on Classic as the core set going be free.

2 Likes

Golden Millhouse Manastorm for sure

If you’re on a budget, I’d say a pre-order or a limited time bundle is the best bang for your buck. The next Battle Pass season is coming soon, so you can grab the next Premium Pass for new skins and some extra XP during progression if you play a lot. If you quit the game for more than 4 months, you can get a welcome deck after completing returning player quests, but you can only get one once, and the current ones are rotating soon, so I’d wait for the new ones to be released.

1 Like

Get up to 10 packs of Outland, Scholomance, and Darkmoon Faire. Buy them one at a time until you get your guaranteed legendary.

After that, look at card sets and decks that seem fun based on their play style. Then buy the sets most likely to give you the cards you want.

If you’re thinking about buying anything, you should probably wait until the Barrens expansion is fully revealed and live before you decide on anything.

But a lot of the advice others have given you is still pretty good.

A couple basic suggestions:

• Do not buy any Classic packs. They will not be playable in Standard after rotation, and their replacements are going to be given to you for free, so spending money there doesn’t really give you anything useful.
  • The one option to consider before rotation (scheduled for March 30th) is a pre-order bundle, if that’s a possibility for you.
  • Beyond that, you are guaranteed a Legendary in the first 10 packs you open from each expansion, so splitting your packs among them as Ginger suggested can be an efficient way to collect a number of Legendaries in the smallest number of packs.
  • Since they introduced duplicate protection across all rarities about a year ago, it is pretty straightforward to collect a complete set of all Commons and Rares from each set. You only need to open around 20-25 packs to obtain a complete set of available Commons from one set, and around 50-60 packs for a complete set of Rares from a set. So, those are good further goals beyond the guaranteed Legendary in the first ten packs.
  • If you haven’t completed the adventures in the Book of Heroes set, each one offers you a class-focused pack from everything available in Standard, so those can help fill in holes within your collection from individual classes. (Mage, Hunter, Warrior, Paladin, Priest, and Rogue are available so far.)
1 Like

You could consider going full classic, I think it depends on your current playable collection and how big of a break you took. Then you can hoard all of your gold and choose an acceptable time to break into the game. In that instance probably buy up classic packs until you hit all of the rares then just craft the epics and legendaries you need.

These new card changes are actually a lot and could actually shake up the wild meta a lot, though I see secret mage and darkglare warlock being mainstays. So if you were missing some cards from those decks you could try target from those sets if you wanted to go wild or once again hoard and wait a few months.

Then once you’ve sured up your actual deck, then start doing what they said which is 10 packs of the latest. Otherwise you’re honestly just going to not have anything and also if you bought 10 packs of every set, technically I think you would be too reserved to dust anything.

I was thinking “buy with gold.” The price is stable on those. Don’t buy packs with money one at a time since the price drops as you get more.

if you’re buying a single pack at a time with money you’re hacking the game. you can only buy 2 for $3. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like