Game stuck on "Hearthstone" loading screen (iPad)

On iPad Air 2, iOS version 14.3, the game starts up and then starts to load up. You get to the screen where you have the doors of the inn, the lights are flashing in the back, the word “Hearthstone” appears over doors, and finally the Hearthstone logo/symbol starts to flash.

But then it freezes. The animations stop flashing/changing. You can no longer change orientation of the device, it is just completely frozen. You can exit the app with no problems and close it, however it just does not work.

I have tried reinstalling the game and installing it again, and it works during the first time you open it after a reinstall, however if you disconnect or close the app after that, it goes back to freezing.

I play on PC and my iPhone also, and it works without any problems. Please fix this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am having exactly the same problem on iPad. iPad Air 2, iOS 14.3.

The app only works for the same first time. After closing, the 2nd and future starting the app always stuck on the loading screen.
After re-installing the app, I can log in, but always only the the 1st time. Whenever after app is closed, the future is always stuck on loading screen.

And this happens after the 19.4 update. The hearthstone app on my iPad always worked fine before.

3 Likes

Same here. IPad Air 2 iOS 14.3

2 Likes

Yes same issue here on iPad I think a number of people are experiencing it

2 Likes

I am also having the same problem on an IPad mini 4. It’s always worked generally fine before this. I’ve also seen people on Reddit reporting the same issue. Has anyone seen Blizz acknowledge the issue and that they’re working on it?

Blizzard haven’t acknowledged it as far as I am aware

Workaround…

Change your battlenet pwd via the Battle.net website. This will force a login screen on the Hearthstone app again, login with new pwd.

Play until you are ready to stop BUT before you quit playing, logout of your HS account (bottom right/switch account) then quit the Game.

Next start you will be promted for your login credentials, Login and play, then logout when done, login/logout until a fix is released.

I have the Same issue on iPad Air 2, please provide the fix

I have the same issue as well but it’s with my iPhone 6S Plus. The app is working well on my iPhone X.

Looks like turning off “Low Power Mode” in battery settings can help

Tried to jump back in recently and am having the same problem with the frozen tavern doors screen but only on my iPhone. Working fine on laptop and iPad.

Did this get fixed in the six weeks since it’s been raised or is it just being pied?

Your Wi-Fi/internet is pinging to low. The time it takes for the signal to travel between router and iPad… move closer to your router and it will work, or get an extender.