Galakrond's Awakening

This is the first and possibly last post I will make because I rarely have a reason to visit the forums. But I just HAD to say that I feel scammed, if I could return the cards and the adventure itself for a refund I absolutely would. I was expecting content that was equal to or better than the last two expansions, meaning content that I could play endlessly for days, with lots of fun treasures, hero powers and single player mechanics. Heck I have no interest in constructed, ever since Dungeon Run was released I would play this game mainly for its single player adventures. This was utter garbage, I was in shock to find such a lackluster effort put into it.

Guess thatā€™s what I get for trusting Blizzard, I wonā€™t be pre-purchasing anything else from this company, Iā€™ll wait for some streamers to try it and make a decision then. In fact, the only blizzard game that I have any interest left for is Warcraft Reforged, Iā€™m hoping they donā€™t mess that up.

5 Likes

i just played the tavern brawl and i wonder if they are changing the dynamic of the format. Is it changing to a weekly free format that is fun incorporating the last two that were great (hard for me bc i suck, but great) ?

I dunno. Dissapointed, like most, butā€¦ Other than stopping; what are you gonna do?

Stop spending money on this game until you think they care about you and the content

They could have made a DRun with this AMode looking format and they would have had a win, but this was just sad. Its as if they just through this together in a weekend as a school project because the AI is the worst Ive ever seen. In heroic mode DrBoom could have killed me if he only used the poison dagger to kill my taunt then hit me with his minions, he instead attacks the taunt with his minions, and then hits me for 2. Next turn he died. I give this a 2 out of 5 stars. Most DRuns I find are atleast a 4 star. Im sorry I wasted money on this. Its as if no one was there to come up with a good idea for a DRun this expansion, so they just said ā€œlets sell them more unique cards, charge $20 this time for the expansion single player mode, and force them to wait while suffering through some silly story mode timewaster for their pay off.ā€ The room grew silent. Then suddenly, ā€œAdd a heroic mode and call it a return to classic adventures.ā€ ā€œGood idea! We even have an old one we didnt use, and can finish it in a weekend.ā€

wow blizz really outdid themselves, the second chapter second node event is truly worse than carousel. How its design was ever tested and allowed boggles the mind.

Finished episode 2 for E.V.I.L. and League in about 15minutes.

One week wait for 15min of ā€œfunā€ with no reason to ever replay itā€¦ Its just so damn unfortunate.

Itā€™s awful. Not worth waiting for. Blizz, you can just unlock all chapters, and Iā€™m probably gonna finish all bosses while walking my dog.

Normal mode is not supposed to be difficult, because if it were then people would complain in forums how they canā€™t get their cards because they canā€™t beat boss x. That being said, the league of explorers part of this weeks wing felt easier on heroic than normal due to how bad decks you have to play with on normal.

Sorry but 15 mins is BS, lmao. Even if you flew through all of itā€¦ Probably a bit longer than 15 mins, although, I am in total agreement that this is pathetic. I mean, I am peed that I spent gold on it, lol. Thank the old gods i spent no money. I just cannot wrap my head around how this is the follow-up to the last one and the ā€œgrand finale.ā€

I agree this was a terrible solo adventure. Zero replayability. Heroic mode encouraging you to design decks and buy more cards. They are taking steps backward to make more money. I loved the original dungeon run. I will continue to play that, but I canā€™t justify giving Blizzard more money for garbage like this.

As it has been said, and I agree, you can make a game or sequell or whatever, that is not so greatā€¦ The Sophmore album for instance, lol, but on the real. Ever game is not better than the previous, but this is such a huge step back. I mean, if the new meta is fun then whatever but, I may look to other games in the future. I know no one cares, ha, so donā€™t inform me. Blizzard should care, and they do! Activision. They donā€™t give a FUUUUUUUUUUU g. Ruined it.

3 out of the 6 runs in chapter 3 are the sameā€¦ playing with cannons. are you kidding me.

While I love the adventure, I do agree 3 battles being about the Cannons was pretty lame. Playing the same deck twice in the EVIL Campaign was just bad, and while I like having a ā€œreverse duelā€, it should be an option for regular battles, not use up a spot in the other campaign.

I also donā€™t understand the story with that same battle but reversed. Fedora beat you but then you magically repaired the airship in a matter of seconds and went into battle again and somehow won this time?

On an entirely different note: if youā€™re playing as Brann and Brightwing gives you Hemet, for the love of god donā€™t play it. I nearly shat myself when I saw my deck go from 17 cards to 3. I donā€™t even understand how Brann has so many low-mana cards when he has a Dragon deck (I thought Hemet was safe since I saw relatively few low-mana cards (even had to do a hard mulligan and was still left unsatisfied). I thought ā€œoh, a typical badly optimized Dragon deck, Hemetā€™s safeā€).

The heroic modes on this week were a nice step-up in difficulty from previous weeks, I actually had to make deck specifically to beat half of them, unlike previous weeks where could just use a ladder deck to roll them over.

I like the adventure until i got to the cannon battle and my enjoyment turned into frustration as I canā€™t figure out just what I am doing wrong as I keep getting killed by the bossā€™s cannons. The one time I was actually ahead the boss pulled out just the cards needed to kill me.

I was also very disappointed after buying the first wing. Certainly wonā€™t buy the rest of this Adventure - Itā€™s just not worth it. But itā€™s nice to see that Blizz is trying out new things. Even though I think this was a fail.

I didnā€™t get past the prologue on normal. I played it once but without any board clears (or if there are, I didnā€™t draw them) it was highly annoying.

I actually prefer the old adventure format instead of the dungeon run format. The old adventure format has less RNG into it than dungeon run. Also, I like to build a special deck for the adventure format.