Endless Turn, Players timer not running out!

I played two games where the other players timer was at the end but wouldn’t go out and stop their turn and they were playing with cards that they didn’t have mana for and it would stop them from playing them! One of the games the player had a mage deck and it made their cards 0 and when the timer should have ended their turn they still were able to keep playing cards… if you ask me (a blizzard gamer for 18 years) I find this a bit of a hack and cheat. I’ve had my turns cut off no matter how fast I played my cards- so if it’s because they’re playing on a computer the. I think this is HIGHLY UNFAIR!!! Please tell you will fix this issue and make it fair and fun again!!!

1 Like

AGREED

I’m very upset because recently in DuelsI was facing an opponent who was(demon hunter) drawing an infinite number of zero cost cards

No biggie, they were buffing themselves to off me, However when the timer ran out they were not yet fully acrued an attack power to defeat me.

HERES THE ISSUE
The timer JUST STOPPED like right before time ran out (like the fuse just stopped moving) and just hung there in suspended animation as they buffed themselves to the appropriate level and killed me, ending my run. It wasnt fair and it wasnt right. I know the opponent was on the same timer because they became frantic knowing they needed to move quickly. Im telling you it was hanging there at least five seconds longer than it should have been (meaning the fuse should have exploded).I dont know if this was a glitch hack or mechanical error but it very much makes me not want to play. I’ve never lodged a concern and I dont do it lightly.

When you play your turn, you will notice that you can play cards before the animation of the previous card has finished playing. And you can keep doing that until the rope burns and ends your turn.
Because you played faster than the animations, the animations will then still finish. After all, you did already play the cards. In time.

If you play like that, your opponent will not see the cards played when you play them. They will see arrows pointing as you play cards, but the actual play is only shown after the previous animation ended. So they see the same things you see, just in a slightly different order.
Part of that slightly different order is that, while you see the rope explode in time and then see the remaining animations, your opponent will see the remaining animations first, and only then the rope explodes. I assume this was a deliberate choice from Blizzard to not give them the impression that their turn timer already started when they are still watching your animations and waiting for their card to be drawn.

You experienced the above. Except with reversed roles. Your opponent managed to play all the cards before the timer ended, but the animations took more time.

2 Likes

That doesn’t explain how they were able to play cards they didn’t have the manna to play!!! If it’s turn 5 and they’re playing a 10 cost card without any special spells to give manna reduction … THATS A HACK!!! And the same can be said for the infinite card runs without a timer cut off! I’ve tested this and played as fast as I could as many cards in a row with the timer belt running and it would only play each card so fast and would cut me off EVERYTIME !! There’s a real issue here and I believe it deserves to be investigated!!!

No, it doesn’t. This is the first time you mention this. In fact, in your original post you indicated that they discounted their cards, so I assume this is a different game you are talking about now.

Please post screenshots or (better!) a link to the game on hsreplay if available. For a bug such as this to be investigated, it is important to know as much as possible about the board state etc.

3 Likes

How do I post my screen shots on here??? I’ve looked at every link icon and button! I’ve captured and saved a lot of cheating and glitches happening and I’m so tired of being cheated only in games I pay for and it getting refunded. Blizzard makes way too much money to be doing their gamers like this.

You seemed to have missed this posts. It’s one of the stickies, in blue at the top of the screen.

1 Like

This have happened several times with Mage now. It’s not just a little bit past time, it’s like they can just keep pulling cards until they have no more and the opponent can just sit there and watch while the Mage is essentially cheating. It’s like getting free extra turns. Every time this happens I would’ve won next round. Except it never gets to be my turn. This is beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

What does “this” refer to? Multiple things have been discussed in this topic already.

First, read the topic. Including responses. Perhaps your issue is not a bug but an interaction that got explained above already.
If not, then specify exactly what bug you are reporting. Be as precise and complete as possible.

1 Like

The topic is “Endless Turn” which is what I’m responding to. If you think about it really really hard and read the rest of my reply, I’m sure you would be able to crack the code of what “this” refers to.

1 Like

If you’re asking “why does it appear that the opponent is playing cards with no time left on their rope”, that question has been answered in full up above politely and completely. If you don’t understand the explanation, ask which part is confusing. If there is a separate issue that hasn’t been addressed, give as much detail as possible so that if there is a bug it can be found.

You could also post your question to the New Player board, as it’s something new players frequently misunderstand, and you might get a wider variety of responses. Of course afterward, if it seems a bug can be identified, you can still come back here with details!

I had the same issue. It was the last game to get legend and shamans turn never ended! He did’t do anything for about 1 hour and timer didn’t show up.

I recorded my screen for 3 minutes to prove him use this hack.

Just happened to me. Mage played about 40 cards in 1 go. Timer was on the verge of finishing for about 1min. Is this a hack?

Yes. Mozaki OTK Mage used this hack for a while. Since apparently they can’t detect this cheating in-client (even though it’s obvious while playing), they tried to nerf Mozaki and Sorcerer’s Apprentice instead.

Blizz, please fix this. I’m in a game right now with a mage that is taking no actions but the timer hasn’t started after 5 minutes (player name is Godzillary)
I made 2 reports while in-game but I’m unwilling to forfeit b/c of a bug they’re exploiting