Early Standard stats from d0nkey

True but I felt like wheel warlock was also kind of a niche deck because it would straight up lose to the old nature shaman.

If warrior is still around in the numbers that we see right now a week from now yeah there’s probably a problem.

1 Like

I agree. But warrior’s power is multi-faceted.

Some aoe’s got nerfed, good, but it’s not enough. There is also the inexpensive armor gain. Also, keep in mind that a lot of combo decks that could potentially kill the warrior through their armor won’t be able to anymore. My obvious example is Rainbow Mage, because there isn’t a way anymore to deal 60 damage, and from what I am hearing Nature Shaman is also slower, perhaps, so slow that it doesn’t allow for it to be able to kill warrior anymore to a consistent level.

That’s why my thought process is that at least 2 out of 3 at least should’ve gotten nerfed. Those 3 being:

1. armor gain
  2. aoe’s
  3. Brann and Boomboss

They nerfed just the aoe’s and that’s why warrior comes out buffed after these nerfs.

How does that work? How does end game x2 translate to two battle crys from the snake?

I think they mean you can resurrect the 4/5 excavate generation minion with it, since it’s a demon.
Making it faster for you to get the snake and having more ways to stack the excavate reward pool than other classes’ options.

Okay, I thought you could always do this with reverberations, so I guess end game is like a cheaper maybe better reverb.

2 Likes

I am fine with 1 and 2 existing in a deck so long as they don’t have number 3.

That’s where the player agency is lost in its entirety.

A deck that stalls and removes stuff? That’s whatever, you have a high enough density of threats, and you eventually win.

When they have stall and removals that transitions to “these 2 cards win me the game now, and there’s nothing you can do about them if played”

That’s the entirety of the problem.

Decks can push through an almost unlimited amount of armor gain. The problem is when they are on a clock to do so, because the deck is going to win in an uninteractive way if you don’t.

That’s why the hearthstone devs had to kill these cards, not just hope they pushed them back to tier 3 for now.

I am all for anything regarding warrior getting nerfed. It’s been consistently overpowered and annoying to face, but no company wants to nerf the flashy cards.

If able, you want to allow the flashy cards to exist, but nerfing the things around it as to not be overbearing. I am not surprised they didn’t nerf Brann. I am surprised though they didn’t nerf the peripheral, more.

Oh you still can use reverberation but it’s much cleaner to use endgame now. While you can use the reverberations to remove large minions that are a threat on the board instead of using it strictly to make snakes.

I would also add in table flip as another great AOE tool that warlock was given for the early game.

The thing Blizzard misses the point on is that the flashy cards need to also be limited in scope and power. They can’t be individually game winning. Brann could be flashy and powerful with the effect “your next turn you get double battlecries” that also limits the scope of what you can expect to have to deal with.

Yes, it could still double a boomboss, but now you have a turn where you know to burn your hand disruption, and if is a doubled boomboss it’s not also doubling ETC, Ox, Dr. Boom, Zilliax, Photographer…

They just went waaaay too far with that card’s effect, and it’s going to keep getting warrior nerfed every time it’s playable.

Ditto with Odyn

I completely agree, but they won’t do this. Even though they promised so much with this balance change they completely failed.

No text nerf, but mere power nerfs.
Wheel → power nerf
Zarimi → power nerf
Boomboss → power nerf

It’s obvious that whole paragraph about player agency, and what not, was just the usual bs. This patch didn’t change anything in actuality.

It would of been better if all these cards including Brann, Helya etc etc. got text nerfs that don’t make them 1 or 2 card win cons. That’s when the game would actually change, and the meta would be revitalized.

1 Like

Yeah…

If a card has to be unsupported to the point where it’s basically unplayable to have a healthy meta, just redesign the card…

Don’t flood the game with them either…

1 Like

I have a deck im running in wild thats seeming to counter the rogue deck and most decks in general im winning 8/10 ebon blade uthar paladin deck i used to detest playing a paladin so much that after 10 years of playing my paladin was only level 15

Well it wasn’t Paladin, so you didn’t seem to mind all that much

I complain about every single deck that is at the top that is broken or needs to be addressed.

You say nothing.

When that class just so happens to be Paladin, you go nuts and single me out as only a complainer about Paladin.

You’re arguably the most class-biased poster on these forums and everyone knows it.

9 Likes

Well nobody plays Hunter because it’s had the same gameplay for about 10 years. It and Paladin only get played when they are absolutely bonkers overpowered. If nobody plays it, it literally is under the radar.

1 Like

ahem Love ya’, Shy:)

2 Likes

I mean, all of these except maybe Zarimi directly increase counterplay options.

For wheel, you get an entire extra turn to kill the Lock. This matters a TON.

Boomboss relies on now on the enemy drawing bombs. You can, shuffle extra cards into your deck, or replace your deck with other cards. Also you can’t instantly cycle six bombs with Gaslight Gatekeep Girlboss

Zarimi is 8 dragons instead of 5 which is much harder. While not directly “Player interactivity” it relegates the battlecry to late game which IMO should have powerful game ending plays.

I don’t really agree. I think that the false impression that it has the same gameplay might stop people from investigating, but I’d say modern Hunter feels quite a bit like 10 years ago Druid. Power crept Soul of the Forest? Check. Savage Roar on a steek? Check. No ramp though.

I don’t think it’s harder, I think it’s slower and less consistent. The deck pretty much has to run the Priest Miniaturize Dragon, which means one turn slower and you’re drawing that instead of Zarimi with the first Replica. So there’s the extra turn to play that Dragon and a little less consistency to have it in hand after that, but one of those Miniaturizes is +2 Dragons so it’s actually a very reasonable nerf IMHO.

1 Like

Thanks for the stats. Highlander warrior very high up.

1 Like

So basically you said the same things kewl did only in more words. Kewl.