Daily Quest Disappeared

I got the spectate a friend daily quest and attempted to reroll it. The button didn’t change the quest and when I relaunched the client my quest was gone without a replacement.

13 Likes

Hi, i got exactly the same bug a few minutes ago. :frowning:

Same here bro :frowning:

Same here hopefully we get a blue post soon about this.

as always please provide details about how the bug occured, what actions you had taken before etc. it makes it much easier for the devs to fix the issue than “same here”-comments.

This just happened to me. The game just updated: I simply opened the game. The quest appeared as usual and i rerolled. Then the quest dissappeared. :frowning:

1 Like

same for me. Me no spectator!

Exact same situation as OP. Had spectator quest, clicked reroll, nothing happened, open and close the quest window aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it’s gone.

Same problem here but not with the spectator quest. I think it was the warlock/hunter one.

I mean if you read the OP he described it pretty well. there’s no reason to just repeat the same thing over and over in the thread.

1. launched the game
  2. had the “spectate friends for a pack” quest
  3. hit the refresh button (nothing happens other than the sound replaying)
  4. after relaunching the game, there was no more quest

Same happend to me on the ‘Destroy them all’ quest.

and just by players including some more info we already know:

• it applies to mulitple quests, not just the spectate quest (there was a possibility at first of just one quest being bugged)
  • its triggered by re-rolling the quest
  • although most reporters restarted the client, its seems to have nothing to do with the actual bug

Same here for the Spectate quest. Tried restarting and it didn’t come back.

2 Likes

Op already mentioned re-rolling

i try to give people the benifit of the doubt and considered the “same here” people to have just had the same exact experience.

im not saying dont include more info, but if they dont have more info then there’s no harm in saying “same here”.

This is what happened on a secondary account I don’t care about.
(Mac OS X version 10.11.6, by the way)

1. After the announcement of the card nerfs and the new Transfer Student card, I went to the Quest log. I had 3 quests.

2. I clicked the button on the middle quest to re-roll the one called “Rogue, Druid and Hunter”. The sound effect was played, there was a small bunch of sparkles indicating the re-roll had been done, but it looked exactly as before.

3. I was then able to click the re-roll button for the You Shall Not Pass! quest. I clicked it 5-6 times, always playing the sound effect and generating the sparkle animation. After that, it was not possible to click any re-roll button again, no audible effect.

4. Closed the Quest Log, re-opened the Quest Log, the middle quest I had re-rolled had disappeared. No effect on the You Shall Not Pass! quest.

5. Quit Hearthstone, re-launched, quest has disappeared for good.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/rinNjbR

EDIT (14:58, EDT): there is now a “Breaking News” message in the launcher warning of this issue

EDIT 2: I was able to complete the “taunt” quest I had tried to re-roll in step 3. above. Screenshot added to link above.

2 Likes

I would argue that saying “Same here” actually helps to understand that this is a widespread issue, not a single account glitch. So those would be valuable too.

I launched the game after the Update, didn’t log in for 4-5 days.
No Daily Quests at all in the system.
what happened?

Same here, just reroll it and puff, it just disappeared

Same here on Asia server.
It was the spectate a friend quest.

2 Likes

I had spectate a friend quest, I tried to change it but it would not change, then all of a sudden it was deleted but no new quest to replace it.