Collection Question

So I’m trying to determine how best to approach today. I’ve already opened my pre-order packs and received 116 of 135 Barrens collection, I’m only missing 2 epics from the set and 16 legendary cards.

I will get 2 regular legendary and 2 golden legendary from just logging in, I’m missing Mankirk and Blademaster from the neutral collection but I believe those I will get from the rewards track. I mostly play Priest, Paladin, and Warrior- I have both of Warriors legendaries already and will craft the other 2 classes I enjoy most if I don’t get them upon log in. The question I have is do you think it’s worth investing gold to buy more card packs to try and get what I’m missing? (I have over 11k in gold) or just see what I can craft from dust and save the gold? I realize I’m in a good position, I just want to maximize the value.

Dust is only useful for getting what you don’t have, but still want. Normally I advise against mass disenchanting because nerfs can be very lucrative, but if you have enough duplicates to fund your remaining classes with dust, you can save ALL of that gold for the mini set or next expansion. If in the end you have zero dust but a massive pile of gold AND all the cards you want, that’s a pretty big win.

Otherwise, maybe buy packs until you get what you want, or are happy enough to craft it.

For me, I opened my preorder (just the large bundle) early and will likely dump 12k of my 16k gold on packs today, then stash the rest. I’m a bit more of a completionist, though.

2 Likes

well if you wish to use math to help you know how many pack do how many pre-order packs u had - 250 (the avg for every card of a set) or since you do say

You can stop where your at and craft the remaining legendary for the class you like.

Like I said it been proven with some maths if you wanted to own all the card of a set and dustthe extra copy right away to craft generally the last legendary you need about 250 packs…

But if you just wish to get a pack fix on opening to get the last 2 epic’s might be the “ideal” spot to stop - or rather then open pack , have some “fun” with the gold doing Arena/Duels get packs and try increase your profits. As long you get more gold value then you invested into the arena/duels you’ll get pack and card for dust while keeping your wealth of gold.

BTW if you haven’t started yester before the real update rolls out, start your Arena/Duel run and get as far as you can til you have 2 lose then stop on both so when the update rolls out you’ll get 2 pack, gold (if u get atleast 3-5 wins for gold profit) and some extra card to dust right away and maybe get your pic’s if RNG like you and you get high win bonus, and ticket to play those again right away free.

But it’s hard to say what will be the best for you outside do what feels right for you, don’t spend all 11k if you were to spend it maybe do like 5-6k max 3k Min. That way you get 30-60 pack range and can roll a other legendary depending on your last legendary for pity timer. oh AND OFC keep 2k on the side for the mini set in a month or 2.

1 Like

Thank you both, this helps!

1 Like

Duels says “Season ends in >1 month.” So it may be too early/late to start a new Heroic duel, just for a free pack.

You can buy packs and open them until you get enough dust for the card you want. You might get lucky and get the card you want with an extra dust to use in the future.

no problem.

They said nothing about season being there for longer - It’ll most likely rotate as it was Mid season when Darkmoon faire came out, and the Darkmoon races was when a quarter was left - meaning it’ll rotate still same time as Arena as they said.

Arena/Duel are suppose to be in sync on rotation as that when they update the card pack they reward since they share the same system for reward and use the 12/3 system.