Classic is a Free Legend rank

I played against maybe 5 or 6 real people and the rest were literal bots with names like “lkajshdbkjsa” LOL This game is silly these days, But hey Free cards and decks.

2 Likes

It really is. People have been posting records like 97-3 because the bots are so bad

4 Likes

once you know its a bot its easy to counter their AI

1 Like

About my last experience with the bots: Classic - Every opponent is a Warlock - #35 by SparkyElf-2852 .

Are you sure they were ‘people’ or their accounts are true? :wink:

Not necessarily, especially those that climb to higher ranks.

Another one who thinks they are super-smart. I guess I’ll have to post this old one again:

That video you posted is from 8 years ago, The bots now are different. The bots rules are pretty easy to notice. They always attack face unless a minion reaches 4 or more damage or of course there is a taunt. They never trade into minions that should be removed like knife juggler. Shaman is the only one you need to consider trading with. Yes the bots are trash bro, so what Trump lost one game against one 8 years ago. Their decision making is highly sup par compared to a human. I played face hunter and lost maybe twice and made legend from silver 10. Yes I lost also to a shaman I believer twice since I got to greedy. Nonetheless, You see their coding its easy to make sure your knife juggler never get more than 4 attack and value trade whenever against a shaman due to blood lust. If youre having a hard time against bots man thats a you problem. The fact is that classic IS mostly bots and its Very Very easy to get to legend. End of story.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yeah, bots and the technology behind them have become worse over 8 years. :smirk:

Lo and behold: someone who has seen every single game in the multiverse, so they know what always happens.

Since the mastery of even basic logic is as lamentable as reading skills on this forum, I wonder if anyone will actually see the catch here.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yeah, as if the humans you’d encounter here aplenty are smarter than a bot.

Some are, but in this game, it often doesn’t even matter, as demonstrated.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Clearly, you are very gud.

I’m not surprised at all — seen even bots with basic decks there at some point.

I wonder how many meanungful lines of code this poster has written in their life. :roll_eyes: But, of course, these guys tend to be experts in everything — in fact, the less they know about somthing, the more confident they are, as per the Dunning-Kruger effect.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Another forum ‘guru’.

:smirk: Yeah, what do you know, as if there haven’t been umpteen topics about it (including those where I wrote, by the way) — but no matter, yet another very talented person (and a great face hunter player :grinning:) with excellent reading skills has showed up and graced us with their revelation and shocking dicscovery (very much akin to discovering America… through one’s window).

They SPAKE — so yeah, everyone, get down to your knees and pray! :rofl: (Sigh) Yet another living illustration of the self-importance fallacy…

I can tell youre having some kinda bad day or youre not getting enough attention on your original posts about the issues with classic. Sorry about that. Good luck man I hope your day brightens up.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I’ve been playing since 2015 and didn’t hit legend until last week when I dipped into Classic for the first time. I got 55 wins in a row because only 1/15 of the games were against real people. The funniest part to me is half the bots are running the “Machine Dreams” cardback. They aren’t even hiding it XD

2 Likes

So I tried classic to confirm. Even though I never played it, thus starting at bronze 10, I saw no bots in about 50 or so games. Looks like you need a special account to get the easy wins.

1 Like

Holy Crap it’s impossible to create a classic deck.

It keeps kicking me out of the filter and not letting me select classic cards.

Anyone else have a difficult time with the UI???

It keeps saying “You have no Classic Decks. Go create one!”

I hit My Collection and the pages of the “book” are white, presumably indicating classic (instead of yellowish tan)

I select Warlock

The pages turn yellowish tan and I cant select classic cards.

Rinse repeat nightmare fail loop.

OK I GOT IT

When the game takes you to the classic menu and “white pages” showing the cards…

the second you click a hero, IT REVERTS TO STANDARD.

So stupid.

Just click the icon to change it to classic, it is on the top right, after you click “new deck”.

1 Like

So what’s a good Classic deck to use? I’ve never really played there, except a couple matches when the mode first came out.

Thanks!

My husband gave me two netdecks to try and it took me a few games to get good at them but the warrior one really worked well for me! For Warlock you mulligan for your one-drops that don’t need another minion on your board to be useful. For Warrior you mulligan for Armorsmith and Fiery War Axe. Warlock just goes face; Warrior removes everything until the opponent runs out of minions.

zoo warlock - faster games, use to rank up until it struggles

### Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Classic
#
# 2x (0) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Abusive Sergeant
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (1) Young Priestess
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (3) Harvest Golem
# 2x (3) Shattered Sun Cleric
# 2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
# 2x (4) Defender of Argus
# 2x (5) Doomguard
#
AAEDAf0GAA/7lQTVlgTrlgTtlgSBoQSuoQSyoQS9oQTDoQTToQTuoQSdogSjogTUogTDowQA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on hsreplay

control warrior - switch to this at ~diamond. good against warlocks

### Warrior
# Class: Warrior
#
# 2x (1) Execute
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Whirlwind
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 2x (2) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (2) Slam
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Big Game Hunter
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Brawl
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
#
AAEDAQcIr6EEt6EE26EEiqIEmKIEwKIExqIE2aIEC5eWBJiWBPOWBP+WBLCXBLGhBJOiBLmiBL6iBMOiBJ2jBAA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on hsreplay

Right, I got that finally.

Problem was, I was in classic and it kicked me to standard once I hit new deck, so I had to go back to classic a second time. Thnks.

Thank you so much! I’m going to try these next chance I get. By then Classic when probably be full of players who read this thread, lol.
Have a great one!

1 Like

UPD: Would you please use 'preformatted text' for decklists and, preferrably, hide them as well like this?

Example
### Warrior

# Class: Warrior

# 2x (1) Execute

# 2x (1) Shield Slam

# 2x (1) Whirlwind

# 2x (2) Armorsmith

# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster

# 2x (2) Fiery War Axe

# 2x (2) Slam

# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain

# 1x (3) Big Game Hunter

# 2x (3) Shield Block

# 2x (4) Kor’kron Elite

# 2x (5) Azure Drake

# 1x (5) Brawl

# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof

# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner

# 1x (7) Baron Geddon

# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream

# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord

# 1x (9) Alexstrasza

AAEDAQcIr6EEt6EE26EEiqIEmKIEwKIExqIE2aIEC5eWBJiWBPOWBP+WBLCXBLGhBJOiBLmiBL6iBMOiBJ2jBAA=

Gotta say, these look like rather dumb ‘netdecker’s’ lists, by the way, can’t recommend them in order to play for fun — if Classic can be fun at all nowadays. The first kind of deck is just dumb, the second is supposed to be anti-aggro and such, and yet it looks more like copy-pasted deck recipe from some second-rate stupid netdeckers. For example, cards like Sylvanas and especially Cairne are just pure greed, they are not gonna help you defend against trashlocks and are generally quite slow (Sylvanas has at least some uses since you can kill your own with a Shield Slam, though, so I would keep it for certain ‘metas’). Azure Drakes are also bad cards, in my opinion, for slower decks like this — they are more of ‘win-more’ tools for situations where you are already ahead and leading, while they will not protect you or get you back in the game if you fall behind; in general, they belong in high-tempo decks, I believe, and this is not one of them. Kor’kron Elites are faceroll cards, I would opt for something solid like good old Tazdingo, for instance. Besides, there’s only one brawl in this list, and you’d want two for this kind of matchup. Moreover, warrior bots, probably designed to farm trashlock bots, have been running ‘tech’ cards like Cleave or even Abomination, for instance… To sum up, I’d remove slow and greedy cards and add more removals or solid taunt minions if I wanted to play this kind of deck against aggro and trashlocks. Finally, gotta say that this kind of warrior is more of a ‘tier 2’ deck, as I’ve written on the forum alreay, even though I’ve met plenty of warrior bots, which are very annoying to play against, even if you ‘farm’ them.

(Updated, some edits made)

“I can tell youre having some kinda bad day or youre not getting enough attention on your original posts about the issues with classic. Sorry about that. Good luck man I hope your day brightens up.”

(I don’t know how to do the quote/copying thing. I’m old.)

I know this is an old post, but I had to reply just to say that your reply to the previous poster is the best comment I’ve read in a long time.
I wish more of us exhibited behavior like yours and that your response wasn’t so unusual in it’s good nature, versus what one normally comes across, as to cause comment.
Thank you