Chameleos - Hung Match, partially responsive, not ending

Priest vs Pally

turn 1: Had Chameleos at start - turned into auto defense matrix played with success
turn 3: played Northshire Cleric
turn 3 opp: attack Cleric with Loot Hoarder

-trap triggered
-divine shield success
-popup for card history of Chameleos is stuck on screen covering part of battle field
-Card History shows, Chameleos -> auto defense
-opponents loot hoard started attack and then hung game

We are still in it as I write this. Mouse over highlights for both players still show, as well as info popups on mouse overs

Game timer for turn is not triggering, been about 10 min’s now (and counting) on opponents turn, who can not do anything.

Neither one of us (i assume) wants to concede in a ranked match.
Game is not ending game due to error.

Won’t your servers eventually scrap a game that runs incessantly?
Have a screenshot if ya need

Had a similar issue with “Shifting Scroll” turned into a Mage secret and when it triggered, game froze for everything except emotes

1 Like
  1. You disconnected from the game server (one of two connections made during a match).

2. The game runs in real-time from Blizzard’s servers. Waiting anything longer than a minute after a disconnect is only ensuring your loss - as the game IS continuing normally for your opponent (to them, it seems as if you went AFK).

3. Aside from diagnosing your connection issues; your only immediate action is to hard exit and restart; which should allow you to rejoin the match with minimal turn loss.

Why can I see the opponent mousing over his cards, and trying to play them then If I’ve disconnect?

Did I say you disconnected from the whole internet? No.

I said you disconnected from the game server, which handles most gameplay; while the battle.net server handles friends list, collection, targeting, etc.

There’s even a sticky on it:

Ok so you’re ascerting that I’ve disconnected from the game server, but somehow his mouseing overcards, and trying to play them is still coming from battlenet?

As I just said, the server you did not disconnect from is handling targeting.

What you’re seeing is a partial state of full gameplay. Hard exit and restart to restore your connection to the other server.

And I would suggest troubleshooting your system/network/ISP if it happens more than a few times a day.

And I am not ascerting anything, that is the way the game is set up…Did you even bother to read the sticky?

Greetings,

Thank you for the report. I was able to reproduce this issue and have sent it up for investigation. While game server disconnects can occur due to various factors, in this instance it does appear to be the result of a bug rather than a random disconnect.

Meanwhile, as Theoden suggested, if this occurs again I would recommend restarting the game client/app as soon as it occurs to see if that reconnects the game properly.

2 Likes

Came here to report a very similar bug. Chameleos turned into Spellbender, the game froze when it activated.

2 Likes