Cannot emote on last turn [Battlegrounds]

I used to give a “well played” or whatever on the last round of battlegrounds, when it is during the last fight of the last 2 players.

We cannot emote on the last turn anymore.

3 Likes

the game know the result as soon as the last round starts, its just for the sake of the players that the animations are played out. meaning the game is already over by the time you want to emote

2 Likes

It always has known. But we used to be able to emote on the last turn and now we can’t.

I tested it multiple times just in case I was facing an opponent using the reload exploit.

1 Like

are you 100% sure you have been able to? i have never been able to emote on last turn

1 Like

It may be also that the opponent left the game as soon as the round started, maybe they saw they were in a loosing position? Or since the outcome was already decided, round may be very long, they could just quit the game (not concede) to gain time without loosing the round. In that case, I do not think emoting would work since emotes go directly from player to player, not through the server. So no more connected opponent, no emote.

See the graph in this posts for the various connections between your computer and servers / opponent computer:

If they conceded their hero turns to a ghost mid-battle. Also I have sent it on matches I won or lost, it doesn’t work on either.

I’d like to assume they didn’t concede on the match they won, although it doesn’t actually affect the outcome. You can concede on the last fight where you won and you still get first place if you had lethal.

I did specifically said not concede, but just quit the software. See for example this video, where HysteriA quit just before the round started in order to cut down on the animation time and have more time in the Tavern:

Thus it is possible to quit without conceding, so if your opponent does not care about witnessing the fight, they might do that in order to cut down the animation and get started on their next Battleground as soon as possible.

That’s what I meant by “reload exploit” in an earlier post

edit: I missed your question earlier Peverin…I am sure I was able to. I was excited about emotes when I first started playing battlegrounds and used them a lot.

It also annoys me when I give up or my opponent and I can’t even thank him for our game :frowning:

ok but it sucks and it still sucks on the cusp of 2024