Can’t challenge friend

I recently had a challenge a friend quest on my account, and neither of us were able to successfully challenge each other. The “play” button remained grey despite us both being in the main menu. When the play button was hovered over, it said please wait for your friend to return to the lobby even though he was in the lobby.

3 Likes

When a new patch comes out, it takes a few hours, up to a day, before it is available for all platforms. So if you are on PC and your friend on mobile, or the other way around, you will have to wait until everybody has the same game version for challenges, spectating, etc. See sticky post on this forum:

Hello, having a pretty similar issue. We are both using pc and have same version. Started to work for like an hour then backed out to change decks. When we went to invite it bugged again. Nothing recent on this. Could use some help if anyone got the knowledge

1 Like

Got my GF to start playing and I can not challenge her.She was able to challenge me but today neither one of us can. We have the same version of the game loaded.

4 Likes

I have this issue - no one can challenge me but I can challenge others. Same game version, even same wifi network.

1 Like

Been playing against my wife on PCs, same house, same wi-fi, ever since they allowed friend games to count towards quests. Last week or so, I cannot challenge her, but she can challenge me.

2 Likes

So we fixed it and the fix was ridiculous - for some reason my Battlenet Launcher status had been changed from Online to Away and when I changed it back to Online, I could be challenged again. Not sure how this happened though, I’ve never touched the status on my Battlenet Launcher.

That happened to my wife. It was a simple thing, but not intuitive to check for. Blizzard needs to post a troubleshooting page, listing common problems and the easy fixes that people just may not be aware of.

While it is great that you searched, you need to be mindful of the dates on threads and not bump old threads (against Forum rules).

Also feedback and suggestions belong in the discussion forums (Community section). There the scope and impact of feedback or suggestions can be discussed with a large audience.

I’m sorry. I got a notification that someone had responded to a thread I posted in, so I read it and decided to respond. I hadn’t realized that was against the rules.

My son and I are on same network, in the same house and both show as “online” so this “fix” isn’t a possibility for us.

1 Like

I can’t challenge a friend (same platform, same patch). Version: 20.0.2.79904. Please fix it.

1 Like

Yeah… This is still happening over 2.5 years after the first report. If Blizard has no intent on fixing this, please stop hitting us with a daily quest requiring it. (And, while you’re at it, abandon this being a competitive e-sport. It’s impossible to challenge people if they can’t connect.)

I have been having the same problem for SEVERAL YEARS now. Unable to challenge friends. During this time I have had different computers, different operating systems, pc vs phone, different versions, changed the passwords, changed countries, continents, etc. And I still cannot challenge friends. The latest is that whenever I send a challenge request it just says “declined” before the request would pop up on the other side. To say that having the same bug for YEARS is annoying is the least.