Bug with rapidly tapping space bar to open packs

Hi -
I was in a Fireside Gathering today to open my new packs for Rise of Shadows. I was doing this on a PC. When I open packs, I hit the space bar to bring the packs from the left side of the screen to the right side. I then typically hover over each card to see the rarity, and then hit the space bar 5 times to open all the packs. Then I hit the space bar to repeat the process. As I was doing this, I noticed that if I am hitting the space bar rapidly, after the 5th card is revealed and as it is preparing to bring the next pack over, my pack count goes down. So for example, I had 25 packs left and space bar’d through the 26th pack that I was opening. After that was done, I was hitting the space bar rapidly to bring the 25th pack over and I watched the pack count on the left side drop from 25 to 22 before the pack came over. So I lost 3 packs in that sequence. This also glitched out the packs that I was opening on the right side (when I moused over them they glitched back and forth weirdly). I was able to repeat the same steps again the next time I tried it, losing more packs. I exited the game and re-entered, and was still missing the chunks of packs that I had space bar’d through. Can this be fixed and can I be reimbursed the multiple Rise of Shadows packs that I lost? Thanks!

2 Likes

Same here. We were 3 people at a home hosted fireside prerelease and did this, we probably lost about 15 packs in total by that

The cards are already added to the account when you received the packs. The pack opening is purely visual. The bug is that you end up opening two packs but only see one set. The second pack is already accounted for in the collection manager.

1 Like

Oh, didnt know that. Thank you

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the bug can be fixed to prevent people from thinking they lost card packs.

I had the same question. I figured it might be something like this and I’m glad that it is.

I had this issue occur as well today except I wasn’t using the spacebar. I would drag a pack into the middle and then the pack disappears and my pack count would drop by one. No cards would pop up to open. Do the cards still get added to the collection in this case? Collection doesn’t show an exact number if they exceed 9, they just say 9+ so I cannot calculate the card count and make sure I got all my packs worth of cards.