Bombs NOT triggering. Glitch/Bug?

Two different things have happened to me since the launch. One: The other day I was playing with bomb warrior, and shuffled a bomb into my opponents deck. He then drew one, and I saw the animation for the bomb to be drawn, nothing happened. It added a card to his hand and the game continued. No Damage, and it took a bomb from his deck. Also, today I was playing and my opponent had 10 cards in hand. I finish my turn, he draws a bomb and it says their hand was to full and fizzled the bomb out. Aagain no damage taken, and a bomb was removed from their deck. Bombs shouldnt have to be added to the hand for the effect to take place. Yes their techincally drawn but never added to hand so hand size should not count for this regardless. Glitches/Bugs? PLEASE FIX!

1 Like

As for the first issue: That would indeed be a bug. Did you perhaps take any screenshots? Or, better yet, do you play with an add-on that records your games, such as hsreplay.net? If so, please share. Blizzard will need as much information as possible to find out what caused this.

The second issue is not a bug. This is working as intended and as designed, and it has always been this way. If your hand is full, you discard the top card of your deck instead of drawing a card. So discarding is NOT considered drawing, which means that any “on draw” effect is bypassed. This goes for bombs that explode, for spiders that are summoned on draw, and it also goes for cards such as Daring Reporter (https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Daring_Reporter) that do not gain any stats when the opponent has a full hand.

I can look for the replay to submit. It may take awhile as I have played a lot of games. I couldnt screenshot because it happened so fast. The first issue has happened on two separate occasions. One game it happened TWICE in the same game.

Had your opponent played an effect that transforms the cards in his deck into something else? In this case there wouldn’t actually be any bombs left in the deck, because they were transformed.

But, I’ve heard of a purely visual bug that when they draw a card that used to be a bomb, it displays as a bomb to the opponent.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yLjYQraSnADCoVo6aatiqm

Turn 11. He rafaamed. Makes sense now. But bomb picture is still showing on card back.

Yes, that is the known display bug that shuteye mentions. It is already on the known issues list: Known Issues List 2019 - Updated Dec 12th - #6 by Aelathera

Same thing happened to me. My Enemy played hagatha and i brought him to 5 HP. Then he drew a Bomb and emoted me “Well Played” but the bomb did not have an impact on his HP. Everything triggered. The Card, the animation but the HP Count just did not change. He cheesed the game with healing himself up again, but after a while i was able to shuffle some bombs in an finally kill him.

Did your opponent at any time play Rafaam? Or any other card with the ability to transform bombs in their decks into other cards? As mentioned in the known issues topic and in earlier messages in this topic, there is a bug that causes bombs that are transformed to be shown on draw.

Also, how many cards did your opponent have in hand? If they had 10 cards, then their hand was full. With a full hand, you cannot draw cards anymore, so you discard cards instead. Since bombs explode “on draw”, and since discarding is not considered drawing, discarded bombs do not explode. This is working as intended.