Blizzard Has A Huge Problem…

They for sure were. Still the standard for this community was lowered a long time ago.

It’s complicated but in general for you to even have standards you have to believe in something in first place and atleast for hearthstone the decisions were more based on stuff like:

“Oh no. People are bashing us on twitter.Let’s nerf whatever they want”.

So while blizzard used to have higher standards the hearthstone community in general did not live during those times.
So you can’t expect it here.

I mentioned this in another thread about a similar subject but I still remember buying bundles of 60 packs for £80 with absolutely no duplicate protection in Ungoro and racking up a bill of £350+ and STILL not being able to play every deck in the meta.

I’m not saying the monetisation is “good” but holy hell, it’s 10000x better than it was.

Even the free battlepass is better.

I honestly think the bundles (outside of the golden ones) are decent value, but maybe that’s because I remember how expensive it used to be.

You can disrespect Old Guarian’s opinion from that post now, but when Celestial Shot or Sanitize—or Arcane Hunter or Enrage Warrior gets nerfed— because of the new cards, then it will prove his comments were more relevant than some brown-noser’s.

Old Guardians is right to point out that the dev’s processes suffer from being inflexible and poorly thought out. I said as much during Hearthstone’s first years.

An advantage Hearthstone has had as a digital game over paper card games like MTG was that balance changes could be made plainly and swiftly to cards without players having to memorize errata, and yet the devs were extremely slow at fixing balance issues, stating that changes would be too confusing for players, which then resulted in certain archetypes dominating metas for years in a row, stagnating the game.

Now they unnecessarily buff cards, un-nerf cards, and they have even had cards with different stats in different formats—so much for being afraid to confuse players unnecessarily. And so much for addressing powercreep in a healthy way.

So many dev ideas are poorly thought out and executed these days that it does smack of incompetence. Throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks rather than play-testing stuff (to ensure the new content does not break the game) is a poor design process for a strategy game like Hearthstone.

Strongly overdeveloping and pushing archetypes, along with having events with professional players showcasing new archetypes before the new cards are even released really robs a lot of the fun that comes from experimenting with the new cards and the process of building new decks,

5 Likes

Why not both? -funny commercial quote

From the company with a track record of doing scummy things to maximize their profit margins while already posting record profits: like firing a good number of their customer support staff during a record profit quarter, employees having to choose between making rent and eating because of the poor pay rate and high cost of living there, etc.

I mean, wild already exists. There was no need for them to create a fake hate campaign to kill classic.

This. One twist deck costs more than an entire adventure. And that’s before you get into the insanely priced gold versions. Even more expensive the gold minisets, of which they deliberately held back older ones, and the adventures (including the regular versions people have been asking to get added back for some time now), just for this scummy move.

Also, this. “EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT!” Stopped being a legitimate excuse in primary/grade school.

The sad part is, OG is actually one of the most inoffensive and helpful streamers out there, he was one of the most prolific mercstone content creators, and I don’t recall him ever saying a bad word about the mode, even when it was clear it was sinking faster than a lead boat with a hole in it. When twist dropped, he was actually defending team 5, and explaining how they were technically not dishonest based on how they worded everything.

So if someone who is generally an easygoing, go with the flow kind of person is taking the time to tell you that you are screwing up…it’s bad.

And the fact that the usual crowd is going to troll, flame, and harass people just for discussing issues with the game (which of course will get ignored by the mods again) only shows the issue isn’t with the community, it’s with the company and those who defend it, no matter how wrong they are.

3 Likes

And again anyone who disagree with you is a troll.

The thing about classic is simple.

It is better played as an event than a mode. They even said already that classic is planned to be a twist format someday.

What also can’t be ignored is the lack of people playing while the mode had so many bots that they were running almost the entire superdraft arena Blackmarket.

Direct quote, or admit you’ re being dishonest. We’ll wait.

I’d have to heavily edit your first entry here, because it’s a coc violating, profanity posting (which of course we’ll never see a mod “LANGUAGE!” edit on) post trolling about how “no one cares” about OG’s opinion (the irony, as always being one of you always manages to show up telling us how much “NO ONE CARES!”)

Disagreement is one thing, but the type of posting that goes full company defense that I’m referring to:

Shows that bad faith actors aren’t here to discuss the issue, they’re here to derail the thread in an attempt to get it 404d. Which of course the mods won’t action them for, because it’s gone on for years…and will most liekly continue for years more.

A description that now applies to pretty much every mode, courtesy of actiblizz’s own bots.

I’d like to see the entire dev team, swear under oath under penalty of perjury (and do so in a format that showed the binding nature of the statement) that they didn’t flood the mode with their own bots, AND that they were making good faith efforts to get rid of the alleged bots in classic. Interesting how they “muh bots” about classic, then came out and lied about botting only being a problem “for months” when it was supposedly filled an entire mode.

Which is it:

or it was a huge problem then.

“Hearthstone is the most F2P friendly it ever was” is like saying “Mussolini was the least bloody of the WWII dictators” :rofl:

2 Likes

This game has a serious balancing problem and Old Guardian is pointing out the problems with mini set that would make the game worse. If Blizzard refuses to address these problems, more people will be turned off and will start leaving.

3 Likes

Hey, I heard you got a new corner office at Blizzard HQ! Congrats!

1 Like

Just a quick aside on the “mods will ignore it” comment; this space only seems to be unmoderated. It most definitely is, and the flag button, and not responding to toxic/passive aggressive comments, are your friends. Unless something is particularly egregious, like outright bigotry, they let the flag and review system handle it. It may not seem like it, but think of all the particularly unpleasant folks who tend to “take a break” from the forum; that aint of their own accord.

Do you really think that the people who don’t want to buy anything from the store are all broke?

People who don’t want to waste their money on garbage exist. Mind-blowing but true

1 Like

Technically not an incorrect statement.

1. Release broken game/cards
  2. Release fixes/broken cards to deal with #1
  3. Rake in the monies.

that’s the problem with Blizzard, they’re heavily rely on whales to carry them.

Do you remember the outrage that it took to get to this point?
Blizzard made the battle pass ludicrously bad.
Then walked it back when the community went bonkers.
Somone had to design the issue to start with.

2 Likes

Bro Blizzard is not going to put you in the game.
Just because you can get cards free doesn’t meant your getting a good return on investment. {time spent} or 2 weeks worth of grinding.
Why would I pay 50 dollars for digital cards when I can get cult of the lamb for $26?

1 Like

cult of the lamb was having a roblem with the unity engine it runs on now charging devs for each install of their game i think or they joked about it on twitter

the Unity fees start next year which also impacts Hearthstone believe it or not.

2 Likes

oh. good to know that about hearthstone

If you think Unity is getting a dime off Bobby or Microsoft…