[Battlegrounds] Upbeat Upstart Health Bug

It appears Upbeat Upstart is having an additive/multiplicative effect for its health rather than ‘setting’ the health per the card text. This is causing them to reach absurd levels of health.

Just had a match where one of them reached 247,813 Health, and another 78,008 Health

https://i.imgur.com/sfR12T7.png

1 Like

Golden Upbeat Upstart sets its health to 2x the highest on your board. With multiple golden upstarts or with drakkari enchanter it can easily reach thousands. There’s no bug here.

While I appreciate that the golden jumps things up rather quickly, to get to the multiple hundreds of thousands range at merely “setting” to double, would require roughly 10+ health updates (rounds) from the high-end range where most late-game matches end up (100+ health). If you managed to snag two goldens and placed them where they alternate every other round to double the highest health of the other, that could potentially generate these health values in roughly 10’ish rounds from getting the generation rolling.

Finding a third golden (which this opponent did) could potentially speed that up if the value wasn’t snapshotted to the beginning of the ‘end of the round’ and instead was based on the highest at the time the effect was triggered in sequence, effectively requiring maybe 5 rounds to achieve the same effect (which based on the positioning is I guess what occurred here). If this isn’t a bug when the card checks on the health of the allied minions to base off of, I have other mechanical complaints, which wouldn’t be bugs, but for the time being unless there is a clarification that this is an intended interaction, the report stands as is.

ive seen them in the hundred millions, this is nothing

there is no bug here

Well, I’m glad we have a couple of Blizzard reps here to tell us the ticket cleared and everything is interacting exactly as intended! I didn’t recognize you without the blue text, next time please log in the appropriate account and I’ll get off my high horse much more quickly.

That the results are replicable publicly and you’ve seen higher numbers does not confirm that this is an intended interaction.

If you aren’t Blizz reps and aren’t providing assistance in reporting what I believe is an issue, what exactly do you hope to accomplish?

not one person with blue text is going to reply to this, since its not a bug

you are acting like a child

why dont you learn how the game works before trying to waste peoples time

I perfectly understand that I was never going to get a response to this. Its a bug report to Blizz. They’ll make a determination on whether theres something to it and respond accordingly by fixing a problem or letting the interaction continue as intended.

At this stage I’m more interested in figuring out what you are doing here. If you arent responding to assist with a bug report like the first person did, just let the issue fall away into obscurity like a million other reports with no merit. Trying to proclaim, with no authority, whether something is or isnt a bug only serves to disincentivize others whom may have more ‘viable’ bug reports from submitting them by making them question whether they’ll be heckled by the peanut gallery.

People should be heckled for wasting time posting none issues

1 Like