Battlegrounds …

People don’t seem to get, do they?

It doesn’t matter how at a disadvantage you are at, it doesn’t matter how pay to win the game is…

Everybody will eventually hit their MMR ceiling and stay at a 50% winrate, a player at 5000 MMR will complain about (insert complain) because he can’t progress any further

A player at 7000 MMR will complain about (insert complain) because he can’t progress any further

A player at 10000 MMR will complain about (insert complain) because he can’t progress any further

And in the end, what exactly are you winning if you rank up?.. nothing, just a fictitious number (MMR) designed to tell you how good/bad you are

The point about playing on the cell phone is valid, it’s legit crap the battlegrounds experience on the phone

3 Likes

We had this talk many times. I’m simply amazed someone can argue that having to pick between 2 heroes is the same as having to pick from 4 heroes.

Yes, everyone gets stuck at some point, that doesn’t mean playing with battle pass or without it’s not a significant advantage. Also without battle pass you are offered some really trash heroes sometimes, with 4 options the odds of that happening are much much lower.

1 Like

Please point out where I say choosing from 2 options is the SAME as choosing from 4 options

Here, yes you did not use the term “same”. You said it isn’t significant which is basically saying the same thing. And, yes it totally matters in the lower ranks too (noobs with advantage>noobs without advantage)

You didn’t get the point, but it’s OK, nobody does, that’s why the gaming industry are such genius, they learned how to set up the perfect psychological trap to keep people engaged in the game

You see? People associate their fun in the game with the fictitious number, if the fictitious number is not growing, people get frustrated, “omg I need 4 heroes to win”

Yes, then you buy the battle pass, you will be winning for some time, then you eventually reach your new skill ceiling, and then what??..

Or you could not buy the battle pass, and stay at a lower MMR with the same winrate

The end result is the same

1 Like

Yes, I got your point. But playing with battle pass not only inflates your MMR but also makes the game more fun for you. Because having to choose from more options gives you more chances to get something you like to play. Without battle pass you end up quitting and restarting bgs till you get something you like (and I don’t see anyone having fun doing that).

I would argue that playing with one hand behind the back and still winning is more fun.

1 Like

This is very much correct and why people picking heroes from the top tier are foolish in this meta. Very often a lesser hero will be superior due to reduced quest requirements.

Animations in this game are very annoying and that’s not limited to BGs.

Is fantastic in quests. She rakes right now.

You tell yourself whatever you need to feel better about the game, but you’re still wrong.

Everyone is looking at what it does per game instead of looking at how that advantage adds up over time to fewer complete bricks and more highrolls and those points matter.

Exactly, that should be the reason to buy the battle pass, having more options to pick your favorite hero

I was arguing agaisn’t buying the battle pass as a “game is P2W” mentality, that’s all

You’ll have to be more specific, I guess. No where is it even implied. But you can keep trying if you’d like.

This guy understands. Fairly relative to my argument, which doesn’t include saying options of 2 are the same as 4 options.

Sorry buddy, but that’s not what you said. I advise you to revise your comments if you still did not get it, real slow so you get it this time.

Correct. I didn’t say what you incorrectly derived from the words I put together.

To what exactly? What you think I said? lol

I mean you can keep on going if you’d like, but we both know I didn’t say it. Have fun.

An example of a bad hero is something like Onyxia. Limited hero power that requires specific minion types to be mildly effective. However in THIS meta of quests if you can summon, extra attacks, have more minions die on your turn all for free that can accelerate a good 60% of the quests and get it completed faster. Having a quest done first is a HUGE advantage.

That’s the kind of thing you are looking for in this meta unless you see a hero minion combination that is just too good to pass up.

3 Likes

My only opinion of battlegrounds is that it should have been a temporary mode that should have been deleted when Mercenaries was added.

Good thing you don’t actually run anything because your opinion is awful.

Mercs was the single worst thing ever released under the HS banner and the predatory monetization of the mode killed it in a matter of weeks. The fact that buying packs had diminishing returns was the key factor that was never solved.

Battlegrounds has been wildly popular and we must assume people are buying the pass because they’re still developing content for it years later.

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying real money for the pass. Free to play is the trial version, 4 hero slots is the full version you need to pay for. There is absolutely nothing unethical about charging for the hero slots. Actually, the unethical ones are people who enjoy a game and continue to play it without giving its creators money. People who keep telling themselves the other side is bad when no one likes a man who can’t afford to pay his fair share, they don’t realize how much they’re looked down upon.

Oh, I see, so it’s “unethical “ for people to play for free a game that is marketed as free to play. Well, I am glad we got that all cleared up. :wink:

Yes it absolutely is.

Like if you have some female relative who’s the nicest little old lady in the world, and she says you’re welcome to stay as long as you need, and she lets you eat from the meals she cooks, and she never asks for rent, YOU OFFER TO PAY RENT.

And it actually doesn’t matter if she’s nice or not. If it’s your grumpy grandpa, same deal.

Don’t allow yourself to become a mooch.

Dude what are you talking about . . . the game is advertised as FREE TO PLAY. Why should I feel bad about playing it for free then??? They set it up for that, besides they treat BGS like a gate way drug for their other games anyways.

Also, the free version isn’t NOT the trial version of the game. It’s the full game with every mode . . . if it was a trial version then it would only have a few modes or have a small portion of the game playable and then prompt you to pay for the full version. But HS was designed for people to play free and then try to convince you to purchase things to make you win better. THATS THE REAL HEARTHSTONE.

I have purchased expansions in the past along with battle passes or whatever else but I have long stopped giving Hearthstone ANY money due to what the HS team has done to it.

Diablo 4 . . . I bought the game and its a great game. I love playing it and so they got my money and it was well worth it.

But don’t sit there and suggest that people should feel bad for playing a free game that is marketed as such. Dude please.

2 Likes

Is this a serious post? You understand by blizzards own Metrics outside of the first two weeks of a new expansion BG’s is the most popular format by a wide margin. Mercenaries however couldn’t even make them money it was that horribly designed.