Are these events for cheaters only or what?

Congratulations! You might even be on time to finish the rest of the event, although you would have to speed up your pace.

You strategy looks somewhat unorthodox, judging by the video preview, too, perhaps I should look into it…

[UPD]

So, I’ve taken a look mostly at the part with the boss fight… See, you’ve managed to do it even with an odd strategy (no offence intended — in fact, well done, being creative with what tools you’ve got at your disposal! By the way, interesting move — or perhaps I should say it’s quite a good one — with turning Rag into a caster, although I would use different equipment oh Hooktusk for that purpose in order to heal your own merc instead of just applying bleeding; obtaining it requires beating a difficult boss, though, dunno if you have it yet) with a bunch of severely underlevelled mercs (in terms of ability levels), who look like what they call a ragtag bunch of misfits — does that count as cheating? :grinning:

Oh, one more thing: do you ever read what your opponents are trying to do? You know, it is possible in bounties, and they say it helps… sometimes… Are you so good that you remember all their abilities — and when they prefer to use them — by heart or do you just roll blindly and, if that fails, begin writing angry posts instead? :grinning:

yes i often just look only to the colour and then attack it, without reading what he does, except when let say lady naga 1 shotted my 3 mercs, when i faced her again i saw that she do critical damage. but normally i don’t read the text because i knew i have a strong team that often 1 shot the enemy’s.

and about Hooktusk, i knew the healing perk (but i don’t have it unlocked) and i just lvled it up in the previous battle. it was 27 when i started again last evening. and lucky both ability’s are not upgraded so the blees was not huge. but i lost because i had chi heal beast instead of blightwing, but blightwing heal is fully upgraded and chi beast only aoe heal for 9.
and hooktusk special ability is a big risky, i thought it would be nice to put all mercs back on bench, but then they lose transforms i think. but i choose it so maybe they would get fully healed. but thats not.

and thanks for compliment :slight_smile:

i have read that i will get the merc after task 7, i don’t know if i will make it til then.

And that has likely been your biggest mistake with this game. PvP might include a lot of randomness due to speed ties, but in PvE you can — and should, in my opinion — strategise, especially when it comes to bosses.

Let’s compare it to chess: it would be stupid to make your moves without looking at what your opponent does (and then complain how random and rigged chess is :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grinning:), wouldn’t it?

I don’t think they do, but I prefer not to rely on special treasures nowadays, when I’ve got all the mercs I want, only Tyrael not being maxed, but in a good shape, too, and instead I prefer a consistent and reproducible strategy.

Poor Brightwing, he wanted to be nice and friends, and you’ve called him this. :slightly_frowning_face: But yeah, Chi-Ji is a special kind of a healer, perhaps even more useful to complement other healers by increasing the heal power.

That does not pertain to newer mercs like Hooktusk… I believe you’ve got to beat heroic Captain Shivers with Hooktask in your party to unlock that equipment, and it’s quite a boss, compared to Ravak… But then again, I wouldn’t say Hooktusk is a priority if you’re trying to build a party that can farm bounties.

How are you doing with the event, by the way?

1 Like

i am getting frustration again. i have first to complete sirens of the deep, but this is like regular ranked. they always make a counter to your deck (trash mobs) this is unfair.
i first got 2 tanks and a blue mercs, i got killed. then i create a new team with 2 blues and some other mercs and then i got 2 blues and a green against me. also i scrolled up and the 2 before end boss mobs are both elite fights. how can a company like this exist while making players angry day after day? this is ridiculous. long ago i created a ticked for something, that gm told me that he was happy that i am a customer for over 10 YEARS, i play activision games since first call of duty. but these days it looks more that they want me to go away… I am treated like garbage. and reason? don’t do i spend enough? i am not a whale. the gm also told be that he would be happy if i stay for 10 more years. but then something has to change, first i want better loot. opened 10 F packs and haven’t looted a single mercenarie. before last trash xpack i got some from a few packs. but since this trash expansion got live i have maybe got 1 merc from 15 packs. this is ridiculous. this greed in the world at a time when everything is expensive. ppl never get enough… fun for customers isn’t priority anymore.
i got addicted to mercenaries after summer event. but after xpack everything changed.
bad loot. regular ranked is bad. having lethal and then they play the 10 mana lifesteal and i can do all over again. or they fully heal… and 90% mage opponents…
don’t understand why i’m still playing this torture

sorry that i have to say this SparkyElf, you are a good person that want to help me with this game mode. but blizzards scripted garbage is stronger then the help of others. if you gave me the right info for a deck, this scripted garbage just put a counter to it. it’s not gonna happen till i use my wallet i think. pay 20 bucks and win all events for 1 day, next day you have to pay again, because, greed.

Update, this is my main account. the frustration ruined my days so i uninstalled the game from phone and pc, hope i can enjoy my days better for now.
if its not deserved to have fun then i just don’t play anymore. how hard it is. it had some nice things. but the worse things where more there.

I could possibly reinstall the game and spend money. but then they would have to make up for it first, a welcome bundle tier 2 (to show they are not greedy) would at least be appropriate for the misery they caused me with that rigged matchmaking. or a code from latest expansion as a gift. i haven’t won any giveaways on twitter before launch. even though I’ve been wondering if they didn’t just re-roll for another player because my twitter account didn’t contain anything from hearthstone. I don’t delete a game easily, but this is 1 of the 3 games that ruin my mood.
and all games are progressing these days, maybe just buy the new call of duty mw2, lvling weapons is a lot less work than farming xp for packs of cards where you get 1 in 40 packs of something good, and then also a card for a class that you don’t play. that’s 160 packs to make ONE card that you can use.

Oh, come on. Paying’s got nothing to do with success in Mercenaries bounties… I haven’t spent any real money, by the way, why does it work out for me?

Sure, Mercenaries can be a bit grindy, but nowadays you can often succeed even with budget parties — Old Guardian, for instance, has a lot of examples on his channel. But then again, this mode, in my opinion, is more about strategising and planning your moves… You can roll blindly to a point, but then you would hit a wall.

I understand you’re angry about other things, such as ranked Standard (which I haven’t played for years, having quit somewhere after Un’Goro’s launch, and it has probably been for the best — from what I know, things have gone downhill since) and monetisation, and I’m sorry to hear that, but that’s a completely different topic, and there’s not much I can do here. Re fights in Darkshore, I would ask for more details, but I undertand it’s not relevant now, so… Anyway, whatever you decide, I hope you have fun in these difficult times!

1 Like