Xuen task 17 bug?

edit → tldr: the newest minions seem to not count toward xuen’s task 17, minions in earlier zones, and minions based on playable cards do count – the newest minions need to be fixed

this task says “deathblow 25 times” however, it only seems to count a single deathblow per turn toward task completion … I just finished a fight where the deathblow ability triggered three times (technically, only two kills due to the deathblow, since the enemy team was cleared in one attack, but the deathblow card appears after the final kill as well – like with rag), but my task says 1/25 … seems kinda stupid … looks like another cookie/anachondra task :::grumbles:::

EDIT: … and of course, if there isn’t another minion to hit after the deathblow triggers, the task does not advance … :::bigger grumbles:::

EDIT: … soo … now i have no idea what the conditions are … do you need to kill all three minions with the deathrattle??? i’ve killed two a number of times with no tick on the task completion … but it seemed like a couple had worked … anyone?

EDIT: is it possible for a spotty internet connection to delay the task from updating? I am wondering this because now it seems like there are more ticks than i believe would have been possible from the last time I checked, and I know that if you do one of the collect 4 spirit coins or “color” coins that the task won’t pop up as complete until you complete the next battle (unless you go to the campfire, but in that case the toast still didn’t pop).

EDIT: … and now the task doesn’t get a tick after a triple kill … wtf is going on? that would have completed the task … i truly do not understand what is happening with this task … it seemed like i was getting more proc in the barrens, but they a missing more in onyxia’s zone

EDIT: okay, yeah, I would hazard a guess that the newest minions (at least the ones in dragonbone golem bounty) are bugged for this task … I just got a 6 minion deathblow chain on an elite battle slot and the task finally proc’ed … but the two triple deathblow chains before that did not … so yeah, please fix the newest minions for this task, thanks!

2 Likes

doesn’t work at all,killed 2 in one tiger lightning triggered 3 times total,0 progress,and thats in heroic barrens bounty

and for some reason googling this shows only your post,like we’re the only ones having this bug,only mine is worse because it doesn’t work at all.

1 Like

just focus on oneshot the minion using default minion healt and not the reduced one , so if a minion starts with 30 hp, you have to do 30 or more damage to it.
That means doing it in heroic is very hard, go back on easy levels …

1 Like

Just in case anyone still struggles and pops by:

Where: anywhere, but let’s say Barrens, mission 1, normal
Who: Cookie, Xuen.
Do: summon fish after fish after fish with Cookie, kill them (and the enemies) with Xuen. Don’t hit the explosive fish.

You can easily get 5-15 deathblows per fight, so the whole task takes couple fights, that’s it.

2 Likes

I’ve reliably completed the task by deathblowing with Pounce, not with either of the other 2 abilities. It didn’t matter who it targeted (Cookie fish or Barren quilboar or Felwood treant).

2 Likes

This is amazing, so in order to get the 25 deathblows to trigger you shouldn’t use the ability with Deathblow! Also, I think the last minion on board never counts towards the total as I just killed three minions in a row with pounce and only two got added.

4 Likes

After testing it myself, I was able to confirm that the quest will only update once per turn. However, you can use any Xuen ability in order to advance the task. The Cookie/Pounce method is the easiest, being possible to complete it in a single fight if you’re lucky with the fish rolls.

Date: 26.05.2022
I just finished that quest quiet easily.
YES, the quest itself is written WRONG!
but I finished the quest getting mostly 3 points after each fight.
How? →
I (fight and) kill with only Xuen, using his 2nd ability, any “pigs” from the heroric Barrens 1st mission (lvl 5). All of the pig encounters must have a deathrattle, so no need to kill the boss.
With that methode I cleared the quest after about 20 minutes. And YES, I struggled like you, reading this, and all the others commenting “quest is buggy” or “un-do-able”.
The next quests name is something like “Tast 18: Style of the double claw” (Aufgabe 18: Stil der doppelten Klaue").

good luck :slight_smile: