A Statement on In-game Economy Exploitation

A Statement on In-game Economy Exploitation

A statement from the Diablo Immortal team regarding in-game economy exploitation.

View Full Article

2 Likes

How about alt farming for platinum? Is it legal or not?

1 Like

I noticed a small typo in your press release, I’m pretty sure you meant to put “well bought progress” not earned, feel free to correct that whenever, thanks!

2 Likes

You should consider monitoring the auto-bot purchasing scams at the market and Nissa’s familiar sales. On Reddit, here, and other forums, consistently the same complaints of nobody standing at Nissa’s with a familiar disappearing within two seconds, and outbidding and closing done before any chance to respond.

Last I checked, ‘boon of plenty’ did not include a remote familiar purchasing capability, only market. New sales every 20 minutes is not a reality in every complaint I have seen online. In many cases on many servers, none appear at all every 20 minutes. This is not limited to any specific server. Do not believe me, check it for yourself BLIZZARD/NetEASE.

EDIT - 64 rubies by one seller is possible and believable because they’re not as popular. 640 which I just saw now, not so much.

So good, they posted it twice…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/diablo-immortal/t/a-statement-on-in-game-economy-exploitation/2345
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/diablo-immortal/t/a-statement-on-in-game-economy-exploitation/2346

Suggestion: start monitoring the world chat and every time someone advertises cheap platinum, swing that hammer. Hard.

Just saying. It’s annoying when like every 15 seconds a bot spews out an advertisement for platinum on a third party site.

2 Likes

The real exploitation is charging transaction fees for market sells. What the hell is a transaction fee for? Where is this tax going? Are you guys getting paid this platinum in real life? It’s frustrating thinking you are getting a certain amount for selling something, only to find out you’re losing 10,000 platinum for a transaction fee. IT MAKES 0 SENSE!!!

4 Likes

if u search on google, sussan express bots. reddit is fulll of players who said those bots is from blizz/netease company

I did several searches. More came up with similar answers to this.

It makes no sense that any company would jeopardize its user-base by firstly banning people who use bots, then being the very seller of the bots they ban??? Aside from that, it is against their own terms of service.

The feedback is in the link and it is more consistent with similar threads all over the Internet than a few random reddit posts, likely from disgruntled players. Susanexpress is just like the scamming company people saw in the movie “The Beekeeper”. One day, they are guaranteed to meet a similar end.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/susanexpress.com

Sounds loony but I half believe bliz operates the bots as a way to drive sales.

The tax is there to prevent platinum accumulation over time.

2 Likes

Okay, within the article, it lists this as one of the possible reasons for a suspension / ban…

• Using third-party programs and hardware to automate any facet of gameplay

Okay, but what about the people using in-game functionality to automate gameplay, i.e. they park their hero next to the spawn location of a group of weak mobs with their familiar set to aggressive, so the familiar kills the mobs every time they spawn, for XP / items? I’ve seen this happening. Are you going to ban players doing this please?

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmortal/comments/1bk1gt0/march_27th_major_update_content/

1. Characters will be able to automatically fight monsters to level up and gather resources, not only enhancing the game’s convenience but also allowing players to think about how to better equip their characters and choose skills during the idle time, making the game experience more smooth and enjoyable.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope it is only for the CN server though.

That patch notes truly sounds like what supposed to go for april fools.

At first I was simply going to post a simple like on MB’s post because I agree.
Then I see the post about convenience???
After all the hoo-hah about AFK spoons on keyboard keys, bots, macros and other non-human gameplay, if it is not an April fools joke, then they have flipped from frowning on AFK to encouraging it.

Convenience to change your gear is what the test dummy is for FFS.

I’ve seen multiple “patch notes” from Reddit and some of them are complete nonsense, from posters that aren’t reliable. The official patch notes come out on the 25th. Let’s wait for those.

Well…Official China Diablo Immortal also posted the AFK farming feature. Who knows… maybe it is only exclusive to China version.

Quoted from the exploitation article …

This is a reminder and warning that if we find any account engaged in the following — or any other prohibited activity described in the Blizzard End User License Agreement — we will apply either a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.

• Purchasing items and/or currencies from unauthorized third-party vendors
  • Making fraudulent transactions on the in-game or Battle.net Shop
  • Exploiting bugs to abuse the in-game Market or economy
  • Scamming, account sharing, and win-trading
  • Using third-party programs and hardware to automate any facet of gameplay

From today’s Patch Notes

REGION-SPECIFIC GAME ADDITIONS

Below you will find region-specific updates coming to the version of Diablo Immortal available in China.

Auto-Battle Feature

A feature has been added that automates gameplay for the player, inputting their character movements and behavior. We have no plans to bring this feature to all regions in a future update.

So, hold on, am I getting this straight? If players on the US or EU servers automate gameplay, you’re going to give them suspensions / bans. Okay, fair enough. However, at the same same time you’re actually implementing ways for players on the China servers to have in-game automated gameplay?

Please clarify why US/EU players get (rightly) punished for automation but China players get in-game functionality to help them automate.

1 Like

Chinese master race! HAHAAHAHHAAHAHAH