Xbox one / can't enable cross network play

Hey, I own diablo 4 on Xbox one. My Xbox account has Xbox gold.

When in character select menus, I navigate to options\social and try to enable “cross network play” I am unable to enable it and it is greyout by default.

When logging to game. I get the prompt in yellow that says “cross network is enabled and I might encounter players from different platforms”

When I navigate to my battle.net friends in social tab. And clicking on a friend that is PC player I can’t invite or join party as the options are greyed out, and a hover appear with prompt “cross play options must match”

How do I fix it, how to enable the cross play?, Is it a bug?

2 Likes

Crazy how so many people have this issue, yet an answer can’t seem to be found anywhere for it. Son using PS4 and has the same issue. “Enabled” at character select screen, but when he goes in to game and tries to invite a friend it says “multiplayer profile is required” and we see that “in game” the cross play becomes greyed out.

1 Like

How can I DISABLE cross play? I don’t want ANY extra connections mucking up my already unstable world state. Smh :roll_eyes::unamused:

Has a Blizzard representative acknowledged this issue? This is a big concern for many people across various omni channels reporting the same bug. Xbox Series S/X & PC does NOT have the ability to Cross Play.

Can DEV acknowledge this?

1 Like

It’s the old, all too familiar “Blizzard head in the sand” trick. An oldie, but a goodie…apparently.

Bumping to ensure that this is seen… hopefully…

1 Like

It’s apparently working now… Did nothing different but we both got on (she Xbox & myself PC) and saw that it was not greyed out.

Still not working for us. Seems like a hit or miss issue, wish they could clarify what might be the exact problem and if there’s a fix.

1 Like

google xbox support “multiplayer-cross-network-play” - you need to go into xbox account privacy settings and allow crossplay.

1 Like

We made no changes which both console & PC were enabled for crossplay… Had to wait a day including a power cycle on my PC (if we were to do anything different) which we were able to crossplay at that point… Still have no issues.

1 Like

I am having this same issue…. And it’s not even real cross-play, we are both on Xbox but it won’t let me join… saying I can’t join cross-play.

Its greyed out in the player setting. Not greyed out and set to enabled on the character selection scree. Set to enabled in my Xbox profile… and we’ve played together in the past on more than one occasion with zero issues.

I’ve reloaded, rebooted, nothing changes.

Very frustrating.

I have the same issue on Series S. Strangely enough its enabled until i need it to be causing me to have to back out and re-enable it.

The option that the game absolutely will not let me enable is Cross Communication