Wudijo does not represent the HC community (RE: Death Pot Removal)

Of course it’s someone exploiting the ball lighting bug complaining about how hardcore isn’t hardcore enough. Pretty sure this and HOTA barbs are the masterminds behind this entire misguided movement.

That is the most absurd thing I’ve read in a long time. Absolutely no player in HC has ever used death pot to finish content they would have otherwise died on. There is zero chance you even play HC if you truly believe we have an advantage. Hundreds of people cleared AoZ T25 on SC, only two people did on HC (I’m one of them). There are videos of both of our runs, neither of us proc’d our potions in our T25 clears and I 100% guarantee you anyone doing that content would not proceed with the run if their death pot proc’d. You are totally off your rocker.

7 Likes

I played a lot of D2 and D3 in hardcore, but D4 is practically impossible. Bugs, excessive control duration, pool of poison in the middle of the mess, the ballista kills you out of nowhere. It’s certain death, even more so now with so many changes We have no way of knowing how the balances will be.

There should be a way to level alts more easily or maintain glhiphos at 21, I don’t know. Something should be made easier. We don’t have 8 hours a day to play like him.

1 Like

He is definitely more than a bit misguided.

Dc has alway been a prob HC ive lost a few in d4 and d3. The pot in truth really doesnt belong there its hc. More stable server would be nicer.

1 Like

I don’t like death evasion being so prevalent in the game, but at the same time there are a lot of random buggy mechanics that one shot you out of the blue (DoT enchanted affies last season, vizier constructs this season) that I think are going to massively frustrate HC players going forward.

I would definitely prefer a world where neither these crazy dmg outliers and death evasion exist, but the former simply cannot be controlled.

The thing is, playing with 24/7 death pot is too much of a safety net where you can simply just never die unless you forget to reapply the elixir. It was getting boring af, and at that point why not just play SC? It’s going to make the game a lot more exciting and I’m all for it, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

3 Likes

This is my feeling entirely. I’ve been primarily HC since launch, I don’t always run potion, but I certainly do when running the most challenging content. There are one-shot mechanics and stun locks, having the potion allowed me to actually try the hardest content in game on my HC character (including Abattoir of Zir). I don’t think HC will be as fun having to play “safer” and skipping more challenging content.

I really don’t understand why they removed Elixir of Death Evasion… Season 2 was the only time I didn’t lose a HC character, pre-season, Season 1 and Season 3 I’ve died - yes the deaths were when I wasn’t running Potion, but that’s the point, it’s not permanent (unlike cheat death Passives in Diablo 3 were).

2 Likes

Same feeling.
I only played hardcore since launch. My Hall of fallen Heroes is already full, including several level 100. The argument that the pot isn’t real hardcore is nonsense. It only achieves that people become more risk averse.
I remember losing two characters on worldboss pre-season en in S1. I was far in S2 before I gave the worldbosses another try.

Normally I would say: we’ll live with the changes.
But this time we won’t live with the changes, but just die more.

Funny thing: Joe Shelly went through a lot of work to frame something in the beginning of the stream. I think nobody got the point what he was trying to make. But then they come up with this change out of nowhere.
I just used the search function on this forum. Nobody ever requested this.
It really feels like they want to throw wudijo a bone, to have better reviews. Feels really pathetic.

2 Likes

The reason why people were happy was because it offered a solution to something that’s universally agreed upon as being possibly the worst experience in HC, which is dying to something that’s not a consequence of a bad decision but something completely out of your control. There is no change in regards to that, even though in was never reliable in the first place. You’re mixing up the death pot with the scroll, it’s the scroll that gets activated on dc but it doesn’t really matter because everyone is running around with 20+ death pots in inventory chugging them as they wear out.

Your right. Mixed them up. Ill edit my post.

What is the real point of playing Hardcore if It’s not hardcore when You die?
Just play softcore instead if You want your character to not be lost after death :confused:
Wouldn’t be better to be able to build your character survivability to the point where You “can’t die” thanks to your knowledge of game mechanics/gear? (because that’s the real difference between HC and SC, You can’t die, and with cheat death this difference is just gone, the potion procs then You can wait 5 minutes and have another try).
Also there’s the protecting aspect that gives You a bubble every 90 seconds when You’re not healty.
P.S. the uber lilith fight needs to be tuned down a bit because 99% of the mechanics are oneshot and there’s no chance to learn the fight beside playing sofctore and being able to die, that’s not a challenge, It’s just bad design.

3 Likes

So because you can play a more defensive build, you shouldn’t have any tool to help you try new content in a slightly safer way ?

Defensive items and the elixir are not mutually exclusive. They do not serve the same purpose.
I could go and explore the open world without an elixir, but for the most high end content I can clear, I might want to use a potion so that I have an instant to react to a mistake, bad luck or connectivity issues.

I can’t put 50 hours per week in the game, losing my character is tough, but it doesn’t mean I don’t want it to be possible.

I like the thrill of hardcore, but if I wanted to play an ultra hardcore game, I’d play Path of Exile.
Diablo’s hardcore, to me, is meant to be friendlier, but make one too many mistakes and you die anyway, elixir or not.

You have the thrill and the accessibility, why settle for only one or the other when you could have both ?

2 Likes

Did You really made the example of POE where if You die Your character isn’t deleted but transferred to another league but still playable? :sweat_smile:

This issue has been addressed today, no more one shot mechanics and hitbox changes in s4.

I’m also confused at how the argument that the death pot isn’t real hc is nonsense. It makes perfect sense. In sc you die and respawn, in hc you die and tp to town. The only difference is having a limited number of respawns aka scrolls. I’m sorry but that’s a lot closer to sc than what hc is supposed to be. You’re not supposed to keep getting respawns after dying. Dying in combat in the current system sucks because it just makes you regret you didn’t use the stupid sc potion.

Deleted or transferred, same deal to me. If I wanted to play softcore I’d create my character on softcore, not wait to die on hardcore realms.

My point being that if my character gets transferred on a softcore realm, I reroll

I didn’t expect that it’s so difficult to follow the my link with timecode and see with your own eyes the proof of my words that high-end content on hardcore is now easier than softcore. By the way, the result on my video could beat only one sorc (besides me).

Judging by your words, you have not only never opened hc-sorc-ladder, but also did not know about aoz-hardcore challenge without death potion, uniques, etc. Just so you know: I was the only sorc who participated without the class-specific death passive (in addition to injured-build), and complete T10 for sub 8min — this is the rank 2 among all classes in this challenge.

Well, I wish you good luck and patience in deep learning your classes before death potion is removed.

The fact that’s the same deal FOR YOU doesn’t mean that It is the same deal at all.
You literally said that D4 hardcore is meant to be friendliner and POE ultra hardcore while It’s literally the opposite by having your char deleted on D4 and not in POE.

Point taken, still, don’t you think there could be a middle ground ?
Maybe the elixir could have a small debuff instead of xp boost ? Or be more expensive ? Maybe some achievements for never using an elixir ? Or bonus loot, glyph xp or something if you complete an activity without elixir up ?

Also, how do you feel about passives in D3 ? Are they too softcore or having to trade them for more damage or defense make sense ?

I honestly think that there shouldn’t be a middle ground, nothing personal about It, just my humble opinion that doesn’t need to be shared at all, simply if You want to have some sort of “death protection” You should just play softcore, there’s not shame in doing it.
I would prefer to have a better balance to the game where apart maybe some uber boss skills (that should anyway be atleast telegraphed in order to be able to avoid those) nothing should be able to completely drop your hp to 100% to 0% once You have some understandings of how defense in general works and a knowledge of what enemy is very harmful for You.
I have the same opinion for the passives in D3, they make the hardcore not hardcore anymore.

4 Likes