Writhing Band of Trickery is so good on a poison trap build

Really enjoying this one. Was hesitant to give up a dmg modifer but so worth it. Groups up all the mobs, makes them not attack you and lets you set up some nice rain of arrows.

You do lose an offensive multiplier, but since all the mobs are going into the trap, you do get the 10x modifier from the subverting poison trap talent applied to them all.

10/10

1 Like

There are many clever little synergies like this across the classes that have been made obsolete due to Blizzard’s MO being “run out of ideas, make more and bigger multipliers”. And since the # of multipliers from gear is not capped…they will always win out the higher you go. This is one of the biggest flaws in their design philosophy that pretty much cannibalizes itself.

If they were to cap the # multipliers you would see these types of synergies thrive.

3 Likes

I got to try many different aspects and uniques on Hardcore because my codex was emptied. So, I used whatever I got first. There are many fun aspects and uniques, including the one you mentioned. However, it’s hard not to use the multiplier ones once I’ve unlocked the entire codex. I hope future patches will balance the aspects, so we don’t feel forced to use specific ones.