Wow, I actually enjoy this :-O

Played when the game came out (sorcerer) and quickly dropped it after the campaign was over. I couldn’t really get into it and the game had and still has big flaws that makes it sadly worse than what could have been.

Currently I’m in between releases I’d like to play, still waiting for POE2 and thought I’d give D4 a try - which I didn’t hear too many good things about if I’m being honest.

Well maybe it’s my class (rogue ranged) or maybe they changed some subtle things about the game but I’m enjoying this SO MUCH more than I would have thought. I originally planned to only do the campaign once more (which I thought was very well done - even at release) but actually went from 45 to 56 today and could still go for another round. I even have to admit that I’m not seeing a problem with the Season 4 content … sure it feels like POE1-trap-infested mazes but - again - I had a lot of fun with this small side-campaign. I loved how they give you an extra chest if you manage to get hit less than 10 times by traps … I thought that was a pretty darn good idea.

Just wanted to share my experience :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Class makes a big difference in this game unfortunately.
But they also made a lot of changes since launch. You can check it out on the tracker, if you are really curious. The best changes they made so far was changing the damage formula so more builds became somewhat viable.

And with S4 the itemization will change also, so be ready for that. From the PTR it is not bad just needs some balancing.

Glad you are enjoying it. But there will be change again.

2 Likes

YEah, I heard about that :slight_smile:

I might try Sorcerer again and see how that goes this time around.

1 Like

I played a few Sorceresses from launch. but have made my way through the other classes to 100 also, except Druid.
Still going to play that in S4.
But I got bored and made one on Eternal and it is fun at lvl 95 cuurently.

You should definitely try S4 then, I played PTR and as a result I felt nostalgic after ditching this season day 1, I came back and man the PTR is way better.

Just the fact that you do not need to store aspects any more is such an improvement. Even me someone who asked specifically for this in June last year, I could not even imagine how much of an improvement it is.

Also the fact that you no longer need to read affixes as much in the end game and just focus on greater affix drops.

Yes, those are actually 2 of my biggest gripes right now with building my character (as in it’s annoying and slows everything down):
a) I need to save my good Aspects constantly so that I have one for later when I switch gear (because you can’t recycle old Aspects over and over which is so annoying) and I’m in need of 1-2 specific Aspects for my own build.
b) Yeah … as streamlined as D3 was, you only want to constantly check your loot on paper… in reality TO HELL WITH USELESS Affixes! Ditching more than half of them seems like a real favor.

1 Like

In Diablo, choosing your class is a very important decision. Each one is very different and determines a lot if you enjoy the game or not.

If you are a relatively serious player, it is best to try all the classes. In Diablo 3, I loved the third class I tried. (And by trying I mean taking it to the 60-70 level. In Diablo 4, perhaps the best thing is to finish the campaign with each one).

In Diablo 2 I only enjoyed Barbarian, Paladin and Necromancer (I hated assassin and amazon).
In Diablo 3 I loved the Demon Hunter (the irony :point_up_2:) (I tried the barbarian and monk first) (I liked the Crusader too).
And in Diablo 4 I only enjoy the Rogue (but not as much as the DH… I want my hunter!!)

1 Like

There’s a big win, kinda hidden but still big for S3 that people didn’t really talk about and that’s the fact that there are like how much 8 ?, aspects that got inherited from S2’s vampiric powers ?

Many builds become more viable because of those alone (including Basic-skill ones with Moonrise and Hectic for ex.)

Also the lightning construct mobs from S3 are kinda giving that extra “hard punch” that almost none did before, overall S3 did nice “hidden” changes, the big bang is coming in S4

I’m just worried that perhaps the game is gonna become a multiplayer-first overall kinda game, and been loud about it lately :thinking: (but whatever, will see how it goes)

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff. S4 will be awesome in my opinion and I hope they can deliver on the S4 theme as well. We’ll see you there :slight_smile:

Hate traps. Dont belong. Hope traps gone after S3.

S4 itemization changes will be a blast, can’t wait to get crafting.

1 Like

dont read too much into reviews, play what you like ^^ d4 for sure isnt the best game ever made, but its enjoyable ^^

In Diablo 3 traps were every bit a part of zultan kulles area and since Kulles dungeons reappear in s3 they truly do belong

So I continued playing and I’m baffled that I’m still having fun at LV 63 now … I really didn’t expect that. Great :slight_smile:
During my best time this reminds me of me being in the “zone” when playing D3 after Reaper came out.