World Boss Event is a joke

you have been lucky. If you get 5-10 low levels in your team, it becomes very very hard to finish on time, impossible even. You can’t beat the boss with only 2 people geared.

“It’s utter chaos and as Necromancer you will NOT be able to recast your minions from anything.”

Hi, protip. There is a spell called Hewed Flesh that makes u create skeletons at the target’s location when doing dmg. And hey, the chance is even doubled when facing bosses. Maybe it’s your gameplay and not the game thats broken?

I tried Ashava for the first time, and it was nothing but toxic. The Boss itself is a great challenge but the issues are the participants and the lack of protections to prevent griefers. Of the 12 players, only 4 of us were lvl 25, and the rest were lvl 15 and below. The lower lvls were clearly there to grief and/or free load in the event the world boss was defeated. This ruined the experience completely.

A simple level cap on participants will address this issue. If this world boss is meant to be completed by min Lvl 25, then set the restrictions accordingly.

If this is one aspect of end game, and it is not tweaked to address the above issues by retail release, I can’t see this going well and will have a negative impact on the long term sustainability of end game.

1 Like

So the game is trash and when you criticize it you will be faced with lecture, ridicule, actual real life threats and the most fun part of that is that all but one aspect keep repeating because the fanboys are so borderline illiterate that reading the whole handful of my comments here (or the answers I already got) before posting an answer is too much of an effort so people make the same points over and over again.

The scheduled world boss “event” is garbage, the game design is bland and the few people left defending this mess either have reading and/or comprehension problems and anger management issues.

At least the devs got an answer they can work with out of the beta: grab the money and run!

Is crazy that world boss area have no restrictions, I have failed to get the kill so far this week because half of the people were underlevel, very underlevel. But I want to believe that this is so obvious that will be sorted out by full release… Right? Pretty sure yeah? Yes how could I doubt it.

If you take into account the development time of this game and the amount of devs and resources behind it the complete disaster that this scheduled worldboss garbage is can only be called an out of season april fools’ joke for a triple-A title releasing in 2023.

this is just Beta as most already have said. the World Boss is there for everyone to have a chance to see. If they die they die just run back. But as devs watch the Raid fight they will make a change in the future. Maybe be at a point to be able to see it, a certain lvl to actually damage it, and maybe a point where if you did to bring it down on your end of your world you get loot or no loot.

I never had any issues keeping my minions alive, AOTD, decompose made corpses and i used it to heal them and replace them as they died. idk what else to say lol

1 Like

I’d wager these world bosses would be tuned for a properly geared group of people who actually know what’s going on, not random people spamming spitballs from unoptimized characters getting 1-shot every few seconds because they fail to understand they shouldn’t stand on the fire.

I tried it once, and the patterns were fairly straightforward to learn, even though my character wasn’t at all geared and my build wasn’t even optimized for single target, which I assume was the case for the other folks as well. We ended up failing because of lackluster DPS, as you would expect from a random group just wanting to see the boss with no prior preparation, but it wasn’t a difficult encounter. If anything, I hope this was just a basic first taste of the world boss experience.

Yes, unless Blizzard decides to get rid of the level scaling everything will be at least the same lv you are. In the strongholds the mobs and bosses I fought were 2 lvs higher than I was. Might have been a bug, but it doesn’t bother me.

The strongholds say they are level 27, some of them. You can see when you enter the zone.

1 Like

Just need to learn the fight…

I respec all the time.

For the world boss fight
I get rid of my summons. Go bone spear and stand under the tail.

I only have 3 mages and I didnt lose any.

Necro guild member uses minions
6 warriors, 7 mages, only lost 1 warrior last fight…

So you have quit becouse you cant faceroll this giant demond what is pretty much raid boss? Looks like you are just another nongamer casual what wants everything for free.

1 Like

It is not that. The fight is not done. You are getting a new instances of the zone if you tp out and come back. LIke that it is possible to kill her multiple times in 15 min span.

I will agree that some people have no business there at certain levels. I saw a lvl 3 guy just sitting on the sides, maybe he was just checking out the fight, I get it, I’d be curious too. So maybe do something about low levels making the boss stronger.

I didn’t manage to kill it last week, but I did this week and it was fun. Used my rooj and I truly felt like the class shied during that fight.

before the boss spawned, i logged on and off until i found an instance with mostly 25s so you could try that if there is nothing but low levels hanging around. /shrug

While on beta, its ok to let low levels to get in the boss and try, but i hope they put some lvl lock so only 25+ or maybe a little less can enter the instance. That should make a lot less instances but only with people that are actually able to do the fight and win.

I showed up to the fight at level 15, died a few times, figured out how to stay out of the bad and roamed around reviving all those level 25 people who supposedly don’t die easily. We beat the boss with four minutes to spare and did it again two hours later, and everyone was nice to me. I wonder if there’s something special about level 25 players on the forum, that makes them different from level 25 players who are playing the game?

1 Like

It does suck if you can’t play at the time the WB is up but it’s something you only kill once a week and the timer is to make sure enough players are doing the boss at the same time.

Not sure how it’s chaos? The boss only has a set number of moves, pay attention to them and you can counter the boss pretty easily. Don’t stand in circles, when he does the spin AOE attack you want to be on the boss or run out of range. When he uses both arms for two circle attacks you will want to back off the boss or be directly behind him before he pulls his arms back. When he does his poison spit don’t stand in front of him. Simple really, after fighting him once or twice you should get the hang of it. I’m pretty sure I can kill him at least 9/10 times without death after the first time I fought him, the second time was no deaths.

As for Necromancer, there are tons of skills and passives that create corpses that you could use for the fight. Another thing you could do is sacrifice the summons for more personal power and not worry about them.

You will want to repair it before you come to the boss if needed and then you basically have 10 lives, learn the mechanics and it’s not an issue.

I count as 4 people if all my gear has 4 dots on it right?