Will VoH new zones be useless?

So don’t get me wrong, of course I’ve already preordered the game and I can’t wait to play it. There is one thing though that bothers me. The open world in Diablo 4 needs a huge rework.

So what are we getting in VoH?

• New strongholds - abandoned content, they provide little exp and have zero value after renown grind.
  • New cellars - what are even those? I haven’t entered one since launch. It is completely forgotten and abandoned content.
  • New side quests - abandoned and outdated content, we get like 2 herbs for completing them and nothing more.
  • New open world zones - they have no difficulty, you can blast through naked or just skip them riding your horse. There is no point in playing in the open world outside helltides.
  • A new world boss ? - I like them but they are a meme. We won’t be even able to see it because they die so fast.

Diablo 4 has evolved since launch and currently there is no point in grinding outside the pits, nmds and uber bosses. Season 5 needs to bring massive changes to the open world or we will play once the VoH story and then go back to Cerrigar and farm the pits for eternity, just like we do now.

I just hope we will get to spend more time in the jungle. I want the vanilla (not helltide influenced) open world to have its own target farm. Feel free to discuss.

You aren’t wrong, and that’s precisely (one of) the reason(s), I’m skipping the expansion (for now).

1 Like

All very good points. Nobody can answer yet. They’ll do something to make us want to go there, not sure what. But yes, they need to make open world something we want to farm, and more difficult.

Such as the mindcage for helltide, give us something that increases open world to our level +10, that gives a higher chance of certain items dropping in certain areas or something.

Perhaps after killing n enemies in a zone a butcher like elite spawns that has a high drop rate on certain materials or something.

1 Like

Yes, it would be cool to see some wandering super rare bosses like helltide commanders that can only be found in the open world. The drops from them need to be significant, so it would be worth looking for them.

World tier V could be a solution with level 200 monsters and increased chances of getting greater affixes / uber uniques, but this path leads to torment XVI in the future.

Edit: actually world tier V would bring nothing because everyone would still only play helltides lol…

New zones to helltide in? Just more real estate…