Will Mobalytics overlay get you banned?

People have read this on turbohud site?:

Legal

“TurboHUD is not affiliated to Activision Blizzard and it may go against game TOS/EULA: [Blizzard Entertainment: Battle.net End User License Agreement]”

This is from mobalytics:

"Are Overlays, like Mobalytics, allowed for Diablo 4?

The Mobalytics Diablo IV overlay doesn’t provide the user with an advantage over others and doesn’t modify the game’s data in any way.

Read more from the Diablo IV support team here: Third Party App: Diablo IV overlay is permitted? #ModCheck - #4 by Overwolf-1116"

As much as i know, i know that turbo hud gives much more informations on the game/gameplay (that are not shown in the game, so it gives you an advantage) compared to mobalytics wich just give you times for the events, wich is why i guess people get banned

1 Like

i mean i dont know how these things interact with the game, but especially turbohud is on their screen, i mean, there is a blue post on that ^^

3 Likes

You better check with Blizzard legal as I have from my lawyer and stated on D3 forum in the past

Believe what you want to believe. End of discussion.

Eula get updates
Any legal argument about an older version is completely irrelevant

Not sure why this is even a thing. Get a second monitor. Put build guide on that monitor.

Zero chance of getting banned. Also you aren’t installing intrusive software that is mining your personal information and selling it.

2 Likes

WoW addons are LUA files using Blizzard’s API built in Blizzard’s sandbox that Blizzard created for addon makers. It is not stand alone software and not really third party. It can only change the user interface display of data that Blizzard provides - within the rules that Blizzard sets. Blizz breaks those if they don’t like an addon. People have gotten banned for it, but only when they really misuse one in seriously detrimental ways that Blizz never imagined. Essentially exploiting the sandbox API to do things that are not so good.

Third party software, as in stand alone software and overlays are very much against Blizzard’s rules. You get caught with an overlay that touches the game and changes anything about it, you can be penalized.

Avalon already linked it, but yes, they are very clear about not using third party software with Diablo games (or any other game).

They don’t get funding from Blizzard… they get funding from advertising. Blizzard is supportive of them, but not financially.

Oh yes it does and you gave it permission to do so. It works like a virus scanner and looks for specific signatures of known cheating software. If found, it reports back.

Excellent advice. Just use a second monitor or device for any guides, websites, or other resources you want to have open. That keeps it separate from the game and keeps your account from risking anything.

2 Likes

I was waiting for the “lawyer” post, rofl

2 Likes

This is why I bought a second monitor last Fall.

You can steal candy from the store everyday… but eventually you get caught. Everything is good up until that point I guess.

Really? When did that happen? During the ten years that everyone used Turbohud in d3 and they did nothing?

1 Like

If I wanted the mobalytics app on my game, I would install it, if I got banned at this point, I’d walk away and never look back. I don’t like bloatware though so wouldn’t get it installed. I would uninstall discord if I could, as I hate this program, but need it to communicate since I can’t really do it in the game.

The point being there are just things that should be okay, and we have a statement from overwolf who is affiliated with mobalytics that clearly backed their own product as being within the TOS.

No tangible player advantage is conferred.

I believe the mobalytics app only helps with builds? showing you the skill tree and paragon board and what to fill.

You apparently weren’t there when they banned people for using it, or the hilarity that ensued on the forums over people asking why they were banned for using Turbohud. To which the devs had to make another statement about their stance on third party programs.

By all means, use whatever third party program you want though, it’s not my account at risk. I’ll even give you a :chicken: sticker.

For D4, I think there was clear evidence of thud banning, never in D3 though - just one off anecdotals here and there on a regular basis, but not a wave where abunch of people complainted about being banned for thud.

Most thud players are using other things like bots and autohotkey, so it’s hard to say when anecdotals cases come up of banning where people swear it was from thud only.

It’s like people saying they got banned for no reaosn here and complain and everyone is like - right, you cheated… lol.

To be fair, I don’t know where that d4 evidence is, btw. Iggi, do you know of a thread here that can be referenced for the banwave for thud?

Mobalytics / Overwolf makes their money on ad revenue and selling your data. If you read their privacy policies, they are riddled with loopholes and weasel words that let them do whatever they like. Especially the bit about 3rd parties.

If you are using a computer/phone, you have no privacy. It is ratting you out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You own nothing.

That data will be used against you. Ask the new car owners who just found out their insurance rates doubled. Why, because Ford, GM, Hundai, Nissan, and others were selling your data to Lexisnexus and other data brokers. This data was then sold to insurance carriers.

There is no such thing as anonymized data, anyone who tells you otherwise is likely profiting off your stupidity. It has been trivial to de-anonymize data for quite some time.

Ask yourself why these companies what you to install their app?
How do they make money?

They are selling you. You are the product.

Giant red flag is different rules or disclaimers for GDPR or California.

1 Like

Nah OP,

Warden is pretty incapable of detecting the overlay programs. As long as you’re only reading memory and not writing it, it’s GG. I’ve never personally used the overlay you’re talking about, but I used turbohud for almost a decade.

Usually when blizzard stickies a post saying don’t use this program, they can’t do anything to detect it, which has been the case with the beautiful program known as TurboHUD for years.

Mobalytics doesn’t even do that, its 100% safe

Most overlays just read the screen, they aren’t getting you banned

This isn’t WOW. D4 doesn’t allow third party programs to be used for whatever reason. People have been banned for doing it. You have been warned.

Likely if people were banned they used overlays that interacted with memory. A simple overlay like Mobalytics that doesn’t even interact with the game won’t get you banned

Nobody got banned for using TurboHUD. Botting, now yes there were plenty of bans.

Even ultimate fanboy Wudijo, got the ban hammer for botting. But TurboHUD, lol no, never. That’s just flat out misinformation

Until I see an actual statement from Blizzard supporting it I won’t chance it. But that’s me. You do you.