Will Mobalytics overlay get you banned?

The question shouldn’t be if mobalytics is safe.

The question should be: Is Blizzard going to accidently ban you?

Do you want to take a chance with Blizzard’s track record? If they ‘accidently’ banned you, would you be able to get your account back without massive headache?

At your own risk IMHO is with Blizzard, more so than Mobalytics.

We often assume Blizzard won’t make a mistake, but mistakes have been made, their staff needs to be retrained on a regular basis on these things, and quite frankly - I’m not too sure they have lived up to expected standards over the last year, since we had so many inappropriate bans that were reversed.

4 Likes

Oh yes it can.

3 Likes

What is mobalytics and why would someone need it? Just being lazy and don’t want to google; and better to just ask those in this thread.

I think the spirit of the rules relative to this program should be safe. The problem is the way that blizzard enforces these rules has never been fully transparent for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I get your points and sure “technically” anything can get you banned, the question is where do you dial it in. THUD - I get. Discord overlay / Overwolf / Mobalytics - I don’t.

There are even some posts in D3 where some shader mods to make the game look more “dark” got hit with bans.

Common sense used to rule the roost in life, but clearly - not common enough here.

ReShade hooks into the framebuffer in order to change textures’ appearance, opacity, etc. There are places where that could give a huge advantage vs. vanilla shaders. That’s why the bans happened. Single player games and games with noncompetitive multiplayer generally don’t action ReShade, or at the very least don’t make a fuss about it. Any game with a competitive element is going to ban such modifications. The morale of the story here is that if the game has competitive elements, you want to avoid any third party software that has hooks for the game’s internal API. For Blizzard games, that goes without saying, though a lot of people get in a huff over it because they didn’t bother to read the ToU/EULA before clicking Accept.

TheTias, yeah I get it, I don’t agree with it and I think its dumb as probably a lot of people here, but it’s blizzard - which is my point.

It’s blizzard

not mobalytics.

You also know what I feel about the so-called competitive environment.

And yes, I am sour about it because I saw the whole end game community cheat and nothing sigificant happen for years. Even members of Viz (i won’t say who) started botting and thudding - and you know Viz was completely anti cheat. I think even Viz administratively - started looking the other way on the THUD piece.

This turned me into almost a pure solo eternal player. I even lied that I had THUD just to get into groups only to be never invited later as they saw I didn’t have THUD lol.

I remember reading something about a player with visual disability asking for bigger mouse overlay - which also generated a potential ban because of the unfair advantage of having a pointer you could actually see in all of the crazy graphics / floor effects / etc.

“Unfortunately, it’s against the TOS, you will just have to play impaired”

That’s partly why we have a large cursor option and color options. What we really need though is a way to disable the change from cursor to sword when holding shift to force stand still. That tiny thin sword, even enlarged and colorized, gets lost in the visual diarrhea way too easily, moreso if you are one of the many players with visual impairments such as myself. We could also use a way to de-emphasize others’ skills and spells so we can see the bad on the ground. Or just the bads period.

1 Like

I dont use it as I am not sure whether it has trojan inside as like other freeware. So I opt to enter the paragon points manually. It is better safe than sorry.

i doubt, it does not seems instrusive and it does not modify the game in any way; it’s just an overlay with the infos that are already in the game/server,

no advantage to the players and does not improve your gameplay in any way

You’re wrong I know a guy that was banned explicitly 3 times for turbohud. He openly admitted he was banned for it and his email from blizz stated that.

He just bought 3 new accounts :sweat_smile:

wow is a different game. basically any use of third party software can get you banned. you wont get an official reply to that. so… use stuff at your own risk. ^^ id personally say that stuff that doesnt interact with game files, or with button pressings, should be “ok”

2 Likes

People have read this on turbohud site?:

Legal

“TurboHUD is not affiliated to Activision Blizzard and it may go against game TOS/EULA: [Blizzard Entertainment: Battle.net End User License Agreement]”

This is from mobalytics:

"Are Overlays, like Mobalytics, allowed for Diablo 4?

The Mobalytics Diablo IV overlay doesn’t provide the user with an advantage over others and doesn’t modify the game’s data in any way.

Read more from the Diablo IV support team here: Third Party App: Diablo IV overlay is permitted? #ModCheck - #4 by Overwolf-1116"

As much as i know, i know that turbo hud gives much more informations on the game/gameplay (that are not shown in the game, so it gives you an advantage) compared to mobalytics wich just give you times for the events, wich is why i guess people get banned

1 Like

i mean i dont know how these things interact with the game, but especially turbohud is on their screen, i mean, there is a blue post on that ^^

3 Likes

You better check with Blizzard legal as I have from my lawyer and stated on D3 forum in the past

Believe what you want to believe. End of discussion.

Eula get updates
Any legal argument about an older version is completely irrelevant

Not sure why this is even a thing. Get a second monitor. Put build guide on that monitor.

Zero chance of getting banned. Also you aren’t installing intrusive software that is mining your personal information and selling it.

2 Likes

WoW addons are LUA files using Blizzard’s API built in Blizzard’s sandbox that Blizzard created for addon makers. It is not stand alone software and not really third party. It can only change the user interface display of data that Blizzard provides - within the rules that Blizzard sets. Blizz breaks those if they don’t like an addon. People have gotten banned for it, but only when they really misuse one in seriously detrimental ways that Blizz never imagined. Essentially exploiting the sandbox API to do things that are not so good.

Third party software, as in stand alone software and overlays are very much against Blizzard’s rules. You get caught with an overlay that touches the game and changes anything about it, you can be penalized.

Avalon already linked it, but yes, they are very clear about not using third party software with Diablo games (or any other game).

They don’t get funding from Blizzard… they get funding from advertising. Blizzard is supportive of them, but not financially.

Oh yes it does and you gave it permission to do so. It works like a virus scanner and looks for specific signatures of known cheating software. If found, it reports back.

Excellent advice. Just use a second monitor or device for any guides, websites, or other resources you want to have open. That keeps it separate from the game and keeps your account from risking anything.

2 Likes

I was waiting for the “lawyer” post, rofl

2 Likes

This is why I bought a second monitor last Fall.

You can steal candy from the store everyday… but eventually you get caught. Everything is good up until that point I guess.