Why the hell am i dying so fast for?

Why the hell am i dying so fast as a barb for? Did we get nerfed?

Why can mobs so heavily gank me so bad for?

3 Likes

agreed this is crap. i feel like a glass cannon as a dam barb lol

I got 2 shot as a level 30 barbarian, by auto attacks from an elite that had 1 cold affix on world tier 1. Really feels like there’s some bugs with the scaling or something.

4 Likes

nice to see the noobs being blasted

3 Likes

Blizz doesn’t want whirlwind barb to be meta when they spent 99% of other resource designing other abilities, specs, and heroes.

They design all these varities and y’all just wanna whirlwind from start to finish.

1 Like

Do you spent your time trolling forums intending to be less than helpful, or is it just a talent you have?

3 Likes

Very important, to keep raising your armor as you keep leveling

Even if some pieces dont have perfect affixes, you need more armor all around

1 Like

Tbh they shouldn’t have even included WW. I know, I know, it’s probably the most defining skill for the class… but I think we’ve had enough of it by this point. If it’s too weak, then it’s worthless to include. If it’s too strong, then it’ll always be meta because it’s a perfect combination of movement + damage, and so incredibly boring

I would’ve really liked to see literally any other skill instead

2 Likes

I was struggling in WT2 this morning and this evening, everything just started falling over. All the characters I’ve made so far have gear that’s well below their level. Gear that’s appropriate for my level doesn’t drop.

Try and pick some defensive skills until you get better geared up.

Thats what I thought the first time I died as a barb, so went for round two grabbing all the armor I could get my hands on. At the time of being 2 shot auto’d by an elite with 1 cold affix I also had 40% damage reduction from challenging shout. Not sure how I could have lived through it :confounded:

As funny as i will sound

Vendors offers great gear, Do rounds of pickups, and sell everything

Then, you can buy usually up-to-date piece, that are pretty good

< So used to vendors being useless, but its different so far in D4 , Im rogue level 48 BTW :smiley:

I just switched my Gems to Skulls in jewelry, to get 525 Armor, and it helped me a lot with Survival :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, those skulls in the jewelery might actually help! Thank you. 525 Armor is actually quite significant.

1 Like

I was in a dungeon on my lvl 20 necro and my friend was on his 22 barb. WT2 mind you. He face tanked the last boss of the dungeon.

Barb have a lot of defensive sub-skills too , but then not everyone picks them along the way :slight_smile:

Are you upgrading all your gear and did you find a spec that works for you? I find that I am able to solo everything and am enjoying myself a lot as Barb. I do have to say I haven’t paid attention to the forums for a build. I choose the build that works for me and keeos me alive.

Yup, like andimus said

Upgrading your gear is very important

Even 1 level on all your pieces will make a difference

And Your Main Weapon, for your main damage ability is very important

I just finally Got my Crossbow to T4 , and woop woop

1 Like

Armor is very important early to mid game but is hard to raise high enough. You should be able to get around 30% DR from Armor but most of the other DR is going to come from Aspects and Skills. Barrier is extremely important and depending on your class, Fortify Health can be another way. Don’t forget to Craft Iron Barb Elixirs as they give you Armor and Skulls in Jewelry Sockets are really good early on. Rubys in Armor will get you a lot of Health.

More important than anything though, learn what does the big damage. Certain mobs deal disproportionate damage and there are some Elite Affixes that can deal lots of damage. The Phantom affixes can take off huge chunks of your life. Try to avoid anything that appliew Vulnerability and if you get hit by it, kite. Be sure to Evade wisely. If you have a way to get on demand Unstoppable often, Ghostwalker on your boots is very helpful to get away and run through packs.

There are certainly “Hell” levels and some where you feel verh squishy. At 28 or 30 I think, Butcher showed up and wrecked me because I was having hard time with gear, Aspects etc for a few levels. Now, I am borderline unkillable and I am on WT2.

This. Sometimes just a bit of armor gives you a lot of dmg reduction. Its the highlighted value for a reason, not the most sexy I guess. Sometimes I give up on nice to haves if the armor gain is high enough, but I play HC so I just try to min max survivability. I can see how you can go for + skills, + damage mods, but then you might be losing a lot of survivibility. Also look at your skill tree for improvements in dmg reduction, again not the most sexy nodes, but worth a check.

My bad m’lord, i shall try to die less

1 Like