Why no single player

But it is an issue D3 proved that.

2 Likes

You clearly are too young to remember D1, which was designed as an offline game with the option to connect and play with somebody if you wanted to.

4 Likes

This is a new game with a new design philosophy. It’s not for everyone. If you can’t get over whatever an older Diablo game was like, then the good news is you can still go play those games.

1 Like

Honestly, offline versions of the game tend to have all kinds of duping exploits, so blizzard may have just nixed it all together because of that. Cause and effect i guess.

1 Like

That’s what I mean. D3 is a prime example of how offline edited/hacked gear wound up on seasonal characters.

Simple solution to everyone worried about cheaters.

Make it so offline characters cannot enter the online mode. D2R?

Yes D3 became a horrible cheating ground even on console but here is another funny thing, you can make the choice not to play with people that are cheating and can make the choice not to use the duped uber gear they drop which is not an issue here anyway since all loot is per-player and most gear cannot be traded anyway. Also reporting players would obviously be easier and have harsher consequences here. So I see no issues.

There are going to be cheaters no matter what you do, there is no game that people just don’t even try to cheat.

D2R did it right though. You can’t mix the two at all.

Yes you can refuse to play with cheaters but that doesn’t change the fact they could beat everyone on the ladder so cheating or not they were still ranked as the best because the system was broken.

If you don’t see the issue with that you may not care about ladder I don’t know but many of us do.

Any confirmed cheater would be removed from any Ladder or any other type of ranking.

There will be cheaters in this game no matter what, just like there are in every game no matter how many anti-cheat measures the devs take someone will get passed them and once caught they will be banned. This is a normal part of gaming especially with crossplay since 95% of all cheats start on PC and Xbox (Since Xbox can use Wemod and I would assume other cheating software).

No I do not personally care about any form of rankings but simply look at COD, Fortnite, LoL and all form of other competitive games. People are constantly being banned for cheating and any rankings they may of had are removed.

So no, I do not see how having an offline mode like D2R where the offline character cannot even get into the online mode would be any problem.

If they did it like d2r… which they won’t.

The only difference between an online and offline character in D2R is basically a checkbox in the files. Anyone who knows what they are doing and create a character using an editor and just check the “online” character box and boom now you have a op character with insane health, any items they want, without having to farm a thing.

If D4 had offline single player, people would be easily able to do the same.

And they would be Banned so what is the issue? How does this affect you personally?

You act like no one is going to cheat the game as it is without offline characters. It has been known for years that Bliz will not only ban you but revoke your license forcing you to re-buy the game to even play offline so I say let them risk it if they want it affects me none at all.

its actually quite the opposite, whilst always online it is designed to be solo, there are zero group making tools and effectively no chat channels. Its a heck of a contradiction, and I am hoping that it will change.

For MANY seasons the top 50 D3 players have had hacked gear in seasonal. NONE were banned. This has been going on since just season 3. So a very long time.

What makes you so sure their moderation on D4 will be any different?

Again, people are going to hack the game with or without offline mode. If bliz is going to let them get away with it, then that is on them. Plus, they have more incentive to moderate this game harder due to the cash shop if nothing else.

Pretty sure bliz just gave up on D3 if it is proven that the top seasonal characters are all with hacked gear, since they were banning people for a while even if you had an item on console that someone dropped and you picked up, I know this because I got a temp ban for picking up an item dropped by some rando that joined my game on PS3 before I even knew that people were modding gear and transferring it to consoles. (They of course removed all of the modded items)

Either way saying that a feature that a lot if not the majority want should not be added to the game due to the possibility that someone might cheat in this day and age… Come on…

Once again mark my words there will be cheaters no matter what. I defy you to name me one single game where there are none.

That’s how it’s been for all but D4.
As long as I don’t have to group for content, I am fine with it being online. Despite server issues.

New to Diablo.

But why is that such a huge problem?
This is a pve only game right?

Does it really tank everyone else’s experience if a minority of players get the best gear/weapons/mods etc without grinding?

Obviously no game is cheat proof, but they are trying to mitigate it as much as possible. Having it online only helps.

WOW may have botters, but how often do you see players with hacked items in that game? Or what about players that are unkillable? I have yet to see anything like that.

Offline mode makes it easier to do it. Having to log into their servers to access the game helps reduce the possibility of hacked exploits.

1 Like

There are 2 PVP zones in the game, so if someone has hacked items or characters, they would be able to kill everyone without fear of dying themselves.

Personally, I don’t do much PVP, so it wouldn’t affect me much.

Most game developers do not condone cheating in their games, so I’m not sure why anyone would be surprised that Blizzard would do what they could to at least try to stop people from doing it.

Bringing a modded character online is no more difficult to detect than it is to detect one attempting to be modded while the game is running online.

Anti-Cheat works by looking for modified files weather currently being modified or modified before coming online. And really good Anti-Cheat also looks for variables that are not possible by normal means Ex. Gear with uber stats or players taking massive damage with nowhere near enough heals/mitigation to survive and not dying.

You may not see them in WoW but that is because they are auto banned for unauthorized modding by their anti-cheat. With a quick google search you can find “Private”(unauthorized and hacked) servers that allow characters to cheat. Bots are harder to prove as they act like normal people (Except never stop doing the task they are set to) and more often than not have not modded any game files or done anything to the character.

If it is still going on in D3 than Bliz has just given up on that game. D2R is still being moderated but probably not forever either since it also is not bringing in any new money.

The incentive here to stay on top of cheaters should have led them to implement similar anti-cheat software as is in WoW meaning any modded characters or items entering the online server would be insta deleted or if not detected as soon as reported locked for investigation.

An Ex. of this recently would be the duping incident at the begging of D2R that was quickly fixed so that any duped items entering the game were insta deleted.

1 Like