Why Materials and Uniques should be tradeble

I think materials should be tradeable and uniques should be tradeable or buffed for a majority of them. Tradeable materials would solve more of a QOL issue.

Materials:
I feel like this is a big in game currency that could be traded. Im constantly in need a materials and would love to trade in game items for materials that i need to craft stuff. Having to run around helltides farming viens is annoying to upgrade items, great concept but annoying. Ill spend straight 45 minutes speed farming viens only to get 10-20 forgotten souls, which typically last me a day if im conservative. Materials could be the runes of currency for in game trading. Trading 1x item for 10x forgotten souls type of trade would be very beneficial for the game and help QOL.

Uniques:
Most uniques ive found are very specific to a build. You cannot upgrade them or change any affixes. Most have been useless or trash so far ive found about a dozen so far. Most of the time i salvage then since i dont plan on playing that build or the item is mediocre at best. So i would suggest either that most common uniques get buffed, allow modifying affixes, or make them tradeable.

1 Like

I HIGHLY disagree,it would just like D2 and D2R make D4 a bot wasteland and RMT paradise for bots and jsp

And the devs seem to think so too :
a quote from them for example:

“We want to make sure there is trading in Diablo 4, but not completely open-ended trading, so that players can’t get all of the best items by not even playing the game.”

also as for the players themselves be it in reddit or this forum here’s an example of a topic pre-launch (look at the amount of likes and the answers in it)

2 Likes

Agreed. They are trying their best efforts to help curb the fight back on RMT and especially JSP. Idk if people have been to the website lately but it is FLOODED with posts for ancestral rare items, gold, Statue unlock all walkthrough, power leveling etc etc… it goes on.

1 Like

Didnt know materials were considered “best items” and most uniques are gabage except the ones no ones found yet which they could still lock. Most generally speaking uniques are trash.

you asked for unique in your post.
why would you want them to be tradeable if you think they are “garbage” then ? :stuck_out_tongue:
and materials could be another currency much like gold , where people ask for it for real money and bots selling it for real money too.
look at how gold is currently

i haven’t but i heard there is already a few bot spamming for website selling gold
and for the jsp one it doesn’t surprise me.
i don’t know why the devs made ancestral rares and gold tradeable in the first place, it was easy to guess the way it’ll turn out and it did : bots spamming and RMT offer are already becoming a thing.

Everything should be tradable. It is yours on some RNG ,that is terrible imo, and placed in a server with other players unwillingly, so make it all tradable.

Like the gatekeepers say on cosmetics, if you dont want it then dont buy it in reference to people who may sell it for real money on the side. Capitalism is the game.