Why is my crit chance so low? Lvl 80 hota barb

I’ve played every class aside from rogue, playing barb first time this season and I’m lvl 80ish and on my stat sheet I have 26 percent crit chance. That seems strikingly low, pun intended, but I truly feel all the other classes I played up until my current level had their crit chance in the 40s-50s… is this just the way it is or am I missing something?

I have decent rolls on my gloves and ring, I say ring cuz I have a red ring of furor on atm. But even if i had another ring with crit it’d only be marginally higher.

So please tell me what I’m doing wrong lol

Nope. That’s just how it is for barbarians. Gloves and rings are you affix source. Then there’s a few passive with condition a good one for whirlwind only, and some glyphs.

1 Like

I have crit on my gloves and both my rings. Between that and 655 Dexterity that puts me at 40.6% which seems fine.

I would try to include more All Stats affixes into your build, or redesign your Paragon to allow for more Dexterity. It helps.

Welcome to Barbs my friend. Where we only have conditionals to multiply our damage. And people wonder why a lot of us cry out when nothing is done to improve Barbs.

YES, we have Hota and its stupidly strong because of a passive on the skill itself. It doesn’t mean Barbs are broken in all aspects like most people believe. Our best crit generator is our Ring of Red Furor and it only limited our builds it didn’t improve our options.

This second paragraph isn’t directed at you btw Cfgonyea90. But welcome to the struggle my friend.

1 Like

Mortal draw glyph will give you 18% crit chance on weapon swaps and The seneschal has a 13% crit chance buff stone. I’m lvl 100 and my crit before those is 26.5%.

You can put it on hands, rings, aspects, crit vs injured, its on some uniques, it can even crit automatically. I got like 55 walking around. It comes eventually. I don’t even pay attention to speccing it. It gets there :slight_smile:

I really don’t know what the complaint is. At 100 I’m sitting at 50%. Max your gloves and ring rolls and prioritize all stats after strength on weapons and you can get there too. ( this is including banished lords talisman)

Ok dude lemme help you… U completely ignore crit chance on all ur gear, because every single use of WW/HOTA grants you a guaranteed crit from Red Ring… You have too much crit chance… Like take the crit chance off of your gloves and use a more useful stat, like… Anything… U don’t need crit chance when u run red ring. I’m running my AoZ build from last season, I have 23 percent crit chance, and EVERY SINGLE HIT, is a crit and overpower crit… Please just listen to me

The other thing to mention is ro NOT take Resource Cost Reduction. A single HoTA and Whirlwind will use exactly 100 Fury with Unbridled Rage and no Resource Cost Reduction. This is why Starless Skies sucks so much for HoTA since you gimp your Crit Rate.