Why does it feel so boring?

So far D3 pisses all over D4 for fun. Just my 2 cents worth

1 Like

It’s just a grind to get to the endgame so that you can grind forever. Worse than hell honestly.

1 Like

I am glad someone quantified it.

I keep saying movement speed is the #1 stat, I REFUSE to go without it on neck/boots. It feels like I spend the overwhelming OVERWHELMING majority of my time outside of combat and the time in combat is overwhelmingly with sparsely placed normal mobs…

It’s so… much worse of a game than it used to be i nthe beta. Like it was so much more mob dense and exciting…

2 Likes

Yeah, all the nostalgia babies are realizing that the good ol’ days are never coming back. All the streamer kids are losing revenue because the game is too broken to keep the audience coming back. All the casuals are stuck in chapter one of the campaign. The try hards weren’t gonna get a life no matter what so they’re still here, I guess.

I don’t even know who this game was made for anymore. Blizzard managed to alienate the entire audience in less than a month.

The reason it feels boring is because it is boring.

The reason it is boring is because the game design is very poor. Some prime examples:

The only real endgame is the NM dungeons - this is a major lacking because they all feel the same and this gets dull fast. More importantly, they are so badly designed. I thought they were procedurally generated at first and was sort of forgiving them, but they are not. It is astonishing their layouts are so bad and demand constant backtracking through empty rooms.

Skill trees. So shallow and lacklustre. There is more customization offered by a SINGLE SKILL in Last Epoch than there is for an entire class in D4. That is shocking.

The loot. The key to a good ARPG. Not only are the affixes on gear absolutely uninspiring (Lucky Hit, Overpower etc - all nonsense), but you can often get very close to BiS at shockingly low levels meaning you lose the urge to loot hunt.

These are all design FAILS in the extreme, and yet these are the key aspects that make a good ARPG.

1 Like

Trees? cammon lets be real, thats an Twig…

D3 is at the back of a big queue of ARPGs that piss all over D4.

1 Like

Every class is actually a full time farmer class. After lvl 20, if u want to progress it’s farm farm farm. And mind u, farming got nerfed. Folks like me has 1hr every other day and progress is imperceptible.

Also add the time spent tping back to town to sort and sell the rares you find. Feels like the recent patch upped the drop rate where I’m having to TP back mid dungeon with full ancestrals.

In D2 the maps were all random.

When you killed bosses there was the chance of upgrades for your main or alts.

I played it for a few years and I had a blast.

D4 was uninstalled 10 hours in.

3 Likes

Look into Grim Dawn.

I have 500+ hours on Grim Dawn and almost 1000 on Last Epoch, those 2 games draw you in and keep you enthralled for literally days or weeks at a time, I never really get the ‘wtf am i doing here’ feeling with them. I get that feeling after 25 minutes with d4

2 Likes

game is very unfinished, itemization is some of the worst any ARPG ever released with.
End game? there is no end game.

If they don’t revamp the entire itemization, and completely build an endgame worth hundred of hours for s2 i think we got another D3 on our hand.
Well i’ll be happy for the 10k people that will continue to grind their battle passes.

1 Like

Gotta say I feel the same. I even fell asleep multiple times playing the game, literally. I had planned to play D4 for a long time(I played D3 for years), but it already started to feel boring. I haven’t played much at all in season 1, and it’s just not compelling. I don’t even want to log in…

1 Like

one might expect that without leaderboards or ladders, the loot would be amazeballs to make up for it. quite the opposite…

actually its the opposite its made for the hardcore player that plays 12 hours a day they can actually put the time in to deal with the ridiculous cooldowns and lack of excitement

the dad gamer is gonna get bored after his first session

1 Like

The guy who says it’s a load of small things adding up to make a sub-par experience is correct. Plus the glaring issue of itemisation and the horrible zoomed-in look.

I loved levelling - the freshness of it, the combat, the artwork and the sounds. However, i’s not enough. From 80-90 I didn’t upgrade a single item, despite my playtime probably being as much as from 1-80. There are so many things wrong with the game that I don’t even know where to start, but it boils down to me having no desire to roll an alt or no desire to log in to my main to farm or kill mobs for fun.

2 Likes

The would need to do that to get to D3

There’s no reason to play because there is nothing good that will ever drop. All the gear is mediocre so what is the incentive to even try to get to level 100? And then if you manage to get to 100, then what is there to look forward to? Doing the same exact stuff you’ve done for the last 50 levels for the same exact mediocre drops that will never be exciting. There’s no “Holy [beep]!” moments and you never feel powerful. It’s an endless treadmill of mind-numbing boredom.

2 Likes

Why does it feel so boring?

…because it is.

It is just a bunch of formulaic loops. Even the terrain is just formulaic loops. Boring unmemorable stuff. The music is white noise in the background. Not an engaging epic soundtrack. The entire game feels cut and paste and not fresh.

4 Likes