Why do i play Rogue

I play Rogue because is my favorite melee class and has the gameplay that I enjoy the most, a fast and agile melee class. I’ve been a Rogue since WoW TBC and was so excited when Rogue Class came to Diablo.
I don’t mind having a viable range option as a Rogue but melee has to always be at least the same or slightly better than range. I’m a Rogue, not a Hunter.
Trying to find a viable melee build is so hard this season and not fun at all. I’m taking a break until Rogue becomes Rogue again.

1 Like

I mean from the perspective of past Diablo games, rogues have almost exclusively used bows in combat. But to your point, twisting blades rogue should still be able to zoom, it just won’t feel so broken as before.

1 Like

I wish there was a better option for melee rogue if youre sick of TB and don’t like underwhelming flurry. I feel like there should’ve been a better alternative melee option in the tier TB is in and flurry could’ve been an upgrade or incorporated into another melee ability, or even unleashed via a passive.

I liked TB but once you get tired of it flurry is a lackluster option if youre building a non TB melee spec. At least with ranged you can go RF or pen shot or both and have a satisfying build.

I’m saying that Rogues should have similar viable builds for both Range and melee, Twisting blades is far from competitive. I’m not saying anything about broken talents. At the moment melee Rogue is so behind compared to Range builds and so behind compared to other classes.

I play Rogue coz I like that she is very mobile and fast and did a lot of dmg - or, at least, used to. My first S0 toon was actually a Druid but she was SO slow and barely did any dmg (this was before improvements to the class) so I tried Rogue and never looked back.

Right now, I have a melee and a ranged one. I still enjoy playing my Poison TB Rogue, which I use for Whisper Dungeons, Uber and World Boss fights and some Legion Events. I play my PS/RF Rogue for some Legion Events and NMDs - I don’t run my TB Rogue for NMDs coz she already max’d out all of her glyphs.

Overall, I think as a class, Rogues seem to be quite balanced; I see several Rogues in eternal playing a variety of builds with very interesting gear/aspects used. I really like that they gave ranged builds some attention but somehow I feel that it was at the expense of melee. Compared to other classes though…the nerfs to Rogue are just too brutal; I’ve gotten used to the fact that we are squishy but AT LEAST we did a lot of dmg! But now, well…

I have always loved playing the Demon Hunter class and thought that Rogue was the best transition. Since I have been playing Rogue, I like that it plusses up pretty quickly towards T4 but requires a lot of work to get it to end game and then has to be very specific with your gear.

Basically I keep seeing the nerfs come to Rogue but all it is doing is making it even more difficult to play end game unless you put in way more hours than I am willing to spend!

To put it into context, I have played end game Sorcerer and Necromancer and both are actually tougher and less squishy than the Rogue. It is… kind of bonkers that the mage classes are so much more tough than the Rogue. I love the playstyle but hate the shear amount of work just to make something of it.

Blizzard… please quit making this wonderful class worse and worse each season. Demon Hunter was always behind in Diablo 3 but was fun and still competitive… It doesn’t need to be the red-headed step child of Diablo 4…

1 Like

Rapid Fire and Penetrating Shot are both effective at melee range, rendering a strictly melee Rogue pointless.