Whisper quest progress continually resetting

I’ve noticed that my progress on whispers will reset frequently. First noticed with the harvest quest two different times. First I made substantial progress in one zone, moved to another for a legion event, then when I returned to finish the whisper, my progress was reset. The next time in another zone, I completed other whispers, ported to the tree to turn them in, and when I returned to the zone I was working in, my harvest progress was at 0. This time I also noticed that while trying to build it back up, most of the time enemies would not drop motes and the motes that I did pick up did not make the counter go up. Another whisper to kill 50 enemies would count kills but reset every few mobs. I noticed that on the map, the whisper quest itself would blink in and out very quickly and the red dots would also blink on and off.

8 Likes

I have the same experience. It seems to happen when time is running out on the whisper quests. The blink effect resets quest progress and makes in-game quest items blink into and out of existence.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Tried several bounties yesterday evening, incl. killing world boss with plenty of time left - no counts in the progress bar.

Having this same problem on both Xbox and PS5. Makes it really difficult to level a character (on Eternal realm in WT1) when the whispers are constantly resetting and/or not counting.

1 Like

Same issues here too been having resetting issues with whisper bounties for over 3 weeks now.

I’m having the exact same issue with whisper quests. These are the main activity I do in D4, so this bug is effectively forcing me to not play the game.

This kind of bug is ridiculous from a giant company with so much money at their disposal. Blizzard, fix your damn game!!!

Same issue on PS4

Dungeons sometimes work, the cellars work, the.

Find body works some of the time,

I’m having the same issue except it’s occurring on PC in addition to console. After resetting one to two times, something finally makes it work right. It’s definitely getting very frustrating.

I’m having trouble just doing a basic Whisper. Tried logging out and back in, seemed better for a moment, but I think I was just fooling myself.

https:// www . instagram . com /p/C5moP3dN28H

(see above for a video of the issue, sorry for the formatting, blizz doesn’t like links apparently)

This is making things really suck, for sure.

1 Like

I have been having the same problem though I could at least still complete the dungeons without issue, but after updating the game last night there are no whisper quest things appearing AT ALL.

The only information I could find on the update was a vague sentence about bug fixes. :person_shrugging:

Using an eternal character btw

(PS 4). I’m trying to complete whisper quests, but it’s resetting the count within seconds, unable to track any whisper quests, and they blink on and off. Can’t do any quests whilst it’s like this

I’ve logged out twice but still happening.

1 Like

Same problems here. I will actually complete something like depositing venous motes, i will kill the elites, yet i get no grim favors for it. Cull constructs constantly resets. This is very frustrating and doesnt seem like theyre doing anything about it. And for some reasons the forums are the only place to report it.

I also have the same bug on PC… Grim quest (motes, rituals, specific kills…) are reseting all the time… This is very frustrating, because I waste time for nothing (and my progression is slowed down).

same issue as all the others and 2 months later still not even a response from blizzard? glad to know this is a bug report site, if it wasnt dont know what would have happend

“me too”

really frustrating

Same thing also happens for me, I am a new player and this is really draining my sanity :frowning:

As wit many others, this is happenning to me too on PC. I tried every single available harvest quest on the map, and each one refused to progress beyond one, even if collecting a dozen motes from a a swarm of mobs. Totally unacceptable by Blizzard ; makes playing pointless if you cant progress!