Whirlwind vs DoubleSwing Dust Devils

Currently, whirlwind creates about 1 dustdevil per second with the Dust Devil Aspect. Where as the double swing with increased attack speed can create about 4 per second? Although the damage from the aspect is greater than that of the Double swing, it doesn’t compare with the reduced frequency. This needs balancing. Whirlwind’s dust devils frequency should be increased slightly more, either by attack speed or by the movement speed of the player.

I think tying movement speed with whirlwind to modify the damage or frequency of dust devils spawned would be a good idea.

Edit: I know that if you spam the ability it creates more dust devils instead of channeling. But rereading that sentence seems counter intuitive of what the ability is.

Testing the Devilish aspect that “after generating 100 Fury your next attack creates 2 dust devils”, I even generate more fury while spamming whirlwind vs channeling it. There doesn’t seem to be any reason to channel whirlwind besides the Dire Whirlwind aspect. Which, even with a 24% increase crit doesn’t match the DPS I do while spamming it.

1 Like

Pretty much you are 100% correct. WW needs alot of help as it stands. One thing I’m trying to keep in mind is we are basically in a Pre season state (game state pre s1) as we have no seasonal powers. Now that itemization has been overhauled, hopefully going forward with seasonal powers things will balance out a little better.

what about frenzy dd ?

Ok, so someone at Blizzard read this issue and they decided to slap a band-aid on the underlining issue. Sure, I’ll take it. But I’m still not going to channel whirlwind since it’s garbage compared to spamming the ability.

"Dust Devil’s Aspect
Whirlwind Dust Devil damage increased by 100%.
"

Also, Gohr’s Devestating Grips suck. Please fix that whole unique. At least the Twin strikes unique for Double Swing helps the build.