Where the future will go (imo)

Yes, that is true. The difficulty levels being used for gear progression instead of really having a lot of effect on the play experience a player is looking for is kind of a flaw.

I’m really not expecting that they are going to suddenly start changing the rules of the game and the feel completely in order to change up the gameplay, but I at least want a difficulty or two that could be described as “noticeably different than 4 different varieties of ripping through paper”

I’ve taken a break from this season and that was a contributing factor, so I’m hoping that they come up with something new in the next season or two. I have Darktide to keep me company in the meantime and a bunch of other things are looming on the horizon too.

I don’t know if longevity is always the best measure of a game. Some of the most memorable and enjoyable games I’ve ever played have been under 20 hours long. It’s nice when it happens though, on the flip side. I was expecting Darktide to be worth like 40 hours when I looked at it on the store page, I’m up to 350 hours now though and it is still fun. There is so much build and challenge diversity that the replayability is really good ^^

Diablo would probably benefit from having some more build freedom, I think I would have played more and had more fun in the seasons I’ve played if being able to experiment was more friendly.

Again, they will continue adding stuff to the game. That will only go so far given the basic core of the game imo.

I think world tier 5 is coming either next season or the season after that.

They want you playing longer - more characters and more seasons. Likewise, they’re gating skill tree related improvements behind expansions. These are slimy people trying to make money. What’s even more notable is their lack of talent for making a fun game. People can spend a lot of money on good games, and current Blizzard doesn’t really know how to make them, but they do know how to try squeezing money out of them, however successfully.

Like others have already said, you should take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDjPENSslMo&t=1s

Game is total garbage and the only folks here have genuine complaints or the same old trolls who never play but spend all day here telling us the game is great. Sounds like a real money transaction representative.

Doesn’t look too great. You don’t have to turn Diablo into Dark Souls, which I find to be a very overrated type of game anyway. You can retain its heavier slaying nature while making it more interesting to play. I think experimentation is key, and something that should be done behind the scenes pre-animation, quick and dirty. I am convinced this game’s combat is too basic to a detrimental degree and you can build on top of it to appeal to more players who would choose to engage with such “systems”. Big umbrella energy.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. I wish they at least gave us a different mode to play with more challenge. Anyway, although I’m not a fan of the original, POE2’s latest gameplay seems to offer way more engaging gameplay than D4.

Time will tell…

1 Like

What does PoE 2 do?

Nothing yet, since it’s not even out yet so whatever we say right now, it may all end up completely different.

Promotional gameplay showcases engaging combat with an emphasis in boss design. From what it was shown, moment to moment combat seems much more engaging compared to D4. Slower, and more methodical. Will it stay like that? Idk, probably not since the original game is notoriously fast paced and one button spammy.

You can watch some gameplay in their official youtube channel, if you haven’t already.

I doubt they’re doing something particularly new. Also, at lower levels even Diablo 4 combat can look slower and more engaging.