Where is the chat?

How are you supposed to find people to group with, join clans or complete events with no way to communicate? The chat either is dead as all hell or just completely doesn’t work. You forced a multiplayer game with no way to actually find people to do multiplayer things. Confused.

11 Likes

the online multiplayer aspect of the game feels dead lol

6 Likes

Couldnt agree more, I really don’t understand what exactly they were trying to do here.

4 Likes

Diablo 4 is a hybrid, many of us simply do not want to play with other people. But I am not trivializing people who do.

If they make a global chat and I can turn it off I am okay with it for people who do want it

7 Likes

Thank you! It’s so refreshing to see someone who disagrees with others but isn’t crazy about it. You posted a common sense response that would make everyone happy. Seriously, thank you!

I would like to see a chat in place for reasons the OP mentioned. It’s nice to try and get groups set up for different events, or to ask the random question here and there. I understand how some people would be annoyed by seeing the chat window constantly pop though. A simple quick key or something to disable would please everyone I feel like.

5 Likes

Thank you for making a decent comment, there are soooooo many who just flame others when they disagree it is so refreshing to see something constructive as Risenzealot stated.

3 Likes

Plus it looks like all 3 of us have good tastes. Just look at our avatars hehe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

D3 does it, PoE does it, they’re not classified as MMOs either. There’s not a single reason to not have an optional chatroom (think general chat) built into the game.

1 Like

They are too lazy to moderate it. Same reason we don’t have an auction house. They don’t want to moderate bot activity. Terrible practice considering they are nickel and dimeing us, you would think they could hire a few extra hands to deal with the issues.

2 Likes

Not to mention we have “Mature Language Filter” ticked on by default, I wonder when that will come in handy.

1 Like

The ONLY reason why I play alone is because games like WoW and others ruined the online experience for me personally. But it is a open world game and I agree the choice should be there.

Im unable to chat at all except in trade chat. Been this way since launch. Cant whisper or talk to clan mate. when i send message say there was a problem sending your message.

Trade chat is the only place people chat apparently even if they don’t want to trade. Either something is actually broken or no one wants to play with anyone else.

I think I’ve only seen 2 people in the same clan, and I’ve only seen one clan tag as if it’s the only clan in existence.

Personally, I’m glad there’s no AH.

2 Likes

How do you get even trade chat to work? Wont pop up for me.

This is how it was in World of Warcraft for many, many years. And before that, we had Horde Barrens chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Click tab to cycle through available channels. At first it defaults to “local”.

Go into the game options, find the Social options. Trade is off by default, turn it on from there.

1 Like

The auction house was one of the worst decisions in Diablo 3 and the entire game series.

Do you want powerful items in the game?
Earn them during the game and don’t buy or sell them.

you found it. it’s here.