Where does the Bleed come from in HOTA Build

How are you guys applying a bleeding for the Blood Rage node? I notice everyone takes Combat lunging Strike over the other talent that would give a bleed. Most don’t use the aspect that puts it on. I feel like I’m missing something.

Thanks in Advance

2H sword expertise /20 chars

2h sword expertise or berserk ripping aspect. Grab either one or grab both. It’s up to you.

Tough As Nails works too.

In my experience, I played around with how worth it, it is, to utilize the Bleed for berserking in blood rage node. The nodes primary use is for the 80x I receive from berserking bonus, which that doesn’t require a bleed. Since we have Relentless Berserkers Aspect at a 50 percent proc to extend Berserking?.. it kind of eliminates the need to utilize bleed for it, and the Node only has a 10 percent chance to extend it? In my experience the two handed axe Expertise still outshines over everything. U don’t need bleed, u just want the berserking dmg bonus.

You also have to think about how important that bleed is when fighting a boss, since it only procs an extension on a dying bleeding mob, it makes the two hand sword expertise un-utilized for a boss encounter. So relentless berserker aspect is the better choice here. Dont waste your time with the bleed. I think the bleeding thing might synergize better with Whirlwind since I’m uncertain Relentless Berserker procs off of Whirlwinds killing off of 1 channel. My two sense

1 Like

Barbarians have other interactions with Bleed. It’s a maintenance debuff that needs to be apply even if it does 1 points of damage.

this is from the maxroll guide… i was wondering the same and this is their answer

Why take ‍Blood Rage with no source of Bleed?

• Killing a Bleeding enemy has 10% to grant Berserking for 5 seconds.
    • This build can ignore this line. We don’t need more sources of Berserking because once we have it, we keep it up very often because of ‍Relentless Berserker’s Aspect’s ability to continually extend it.
  • Your damage is increased by 25%[x] of your Damage while Berserking bonus.
    • This is the part we care about, and it is the biggest reason why any build takes this node. Even builds that don’t have a Bleed source benefit from this line, and it is the sole reason we prioritize Damage while Berserking on gear and paragon.
3 Likes

Thanks, this answered my own question. Much appreciated

While we don’t take blood rage for anything that has to do with bleeding, I’d still recommend putting one point in outburst and one point in tough as nails. It allows you to take advantage of the rare nodes around the glyph on the blood rage board (damage to bleeding and damage reduction from bleeding) as well DR from bleeding on gear and it’ll proc hamstring if you choose to put a point there as well.