When will i stop getting one shot?

rogue here… 70 all res, 13,8k armor, 10 dr, 50 dr from close, 35 dr from distant. getting one shot in t100… poison pool elites, lightning enchanted or shock lance or whatever… dark shroud on lucky hit is bad, not sustainable enough… max lucky hit chance and almost max crit chance on gear.

you should be able to get to a point where end game feels comfortable, otherwise what are we playing for? beginning to think there is no such point. i would be happy if you can prove me wrong.

3 Likes

The good news is they’re removing DR from gear next season so we’ll have more time to do the easier content

1 Like

lol? so where will you get dr in that case?

They said it’s going to be extremely rare, probably have to spend tons of resources to get some

In t100 vaults at the end when sometimes faced with a stupid combination of fire, freeze and poison elites I resort to using Selig’s. Takes just enough of the damage off to allow you to evade out and stay in the fight. Otherwise I do find it pretty ridiculous that a min/maxed out character can’t survive even one hit.

1 Like

I don’t play a rogue but if you’re dying to elemental damage then try increasing your max resists (beyond the 70% softcap) using potions/incense and that should help mitigate all that.

does anyone actually use elixirs? personally i think they are sht. hard to find and only last 30 minutes? i also think shrines are sht, and not only in this game. its like who wants a very short duration of some buff? your passive power is what matters, that which you can always count on. shrines, elixirs… are a joke if you ask me. maybe if you play baldurs gate or smth like that, they have a place. not here…

btw, just went to wretched delve and ouch. all that dr plus 5 shroud shadows and the skelle mages 2 shot me, 1 shot more than half my life. feels so bad.

1 Like

I do. They can sometimes be what you need for a few runs. If leveling a char the exp bonus is alright too. I dont go out of my way to make them though.

Well, that’s the Rogue class right now. While other classes can breeze straight through a T100, Rogues have to work for it. You would need to be tactical - so when you see what enemy is ahead, you would have to move/attack accordingly. You can’t just dive straight through like some other classes. Kiting is almost a must for T100s if you aren’t using any ubers. The only core skill that allows you to stand still and fight is flurry since there is implicit healing. But other core skills require more mobility.

But the current NMVs - with those small hornets and constructs do a lot more damage compared to other enemy types from other NMDs.

2 Likes

Maybe your life pool is an issue here. What build are you running and do you have a maxroll build link or similar?

You will get one shoot mostly due to you fight a monster above your level. As how the leveling scaling work, monster damage increase per level. Your resistant max at 70%, you will still receive 30% damage and by minus the DR maybe you received 15% elemental damage. But if you choose to fight a level 154 mob at T100 dungeon, maybe he hit you 300K, and you received 30K damage after resistance and DR you received 45K which is low. But still one shoot you because you don’t have 45K HP.

This is how mathematic works, the only way not to get one shoot when fighting some one 50% higher level than you is play smart and don’t get hit.

Imagine you are a boxer and you want to tank Iron fist Mike Tyson or try to evade his punches?

thats what im talking about. its not fair for the rogue. there should be a way, however hard to get, to be able to tank… so that you can play fast. think something like when attacking with basic skills, you get a substantial dr bonus, cos thats when you stand still and cannot dodge. i shouldnt have to be tactical while other classes dont need to be. just find ways to be tanky consistent with the rogue philosophy.

im lvl 100 and very close to best gear… well, i dont have shako… i should also say that i play on eternal. and btw, i reall think dr doesnt reduce elemental damage, am i right? testing points to that…

LE: im sure now that damage reduction mods DONT reduce ELEMENTAL damage. sux to know that…

just got clean one shot by a fire enchanted elite that teleported on me and hit me with one of those fire waves. left me laughing with tears. call me crazy, but i just dont get it. what the hell am i supposed to do?

Uber Unique items/skill tree abilities, seem to be the primary location of DR at this stage.

rapid fire with forceful arrow. im just sick of all the kiting and positioning, it makes for a slow gameplay. it seems that elemental damage is the biggest issue, all my res are 70 but i need more ele dmg reduction, i just dont think there is any way in the game right now.

That’s the neat part…

how do you mean? you think its alright the way things are?

Do you have a build planner or can describe your build more? How much life do you have? You play RF + forceful arrow, how much attack speed do you have and are you using a bow? What crowd control sources do you have?

sry no planner. about 10k life. missing on helm and both rings, i guess. i prioritized lucky hit chance until now and its sad to see i cant sustain shroud shadows. attack speed is pretty good, i think, i have accelerating and rapid on amulet. also almost perfect IAS on helm, gloves, condemnation lacks a bit IAS. also close to max crit chance on gear. using skyhunter. got the daze aspect on boots and icy alchemist on a ring. i plan to make a switch to have repeating on amulet and rapid on a ring. but my problem is survivability. other than that things are ok, i guess…

The 10k life is definitely low (in fact, that’s probably the lowest you can go with all Rubies in armour slots).

I recommend no less than 13k life for reliable survivability. Life on helm and at least 1 ring is ideal and rejig your paragon with more +life nodes. The No Witnesses board with Efficacy can help you there. Do you also have dodge chance on boots? That can help dodge a few key hits and help you maintain Dark Shroud stacks.

i would feel un upgrade if i could get the damage i experience to half the amount i feel now… question is if its possible someway…