When is the forum going to be locked?

I still see “going to refund” or “have refunded this game” threads.
Isn’t the forum going to be locked only for owners with the game?

16 Likes

i guess by the time they do it, it will be totally useless. too late. had they done that immediately after server slam, customers would have profited of the reduced number of trolls. by release time, even if they did that, why should we bother? i definitely won’t spend much time on the boards, once game is out. what for? i will play.

trolls and non-paying outsiders have been allowed pestering the place til release or so, making forums a worse place for target audience exactly when they would have been more useful.

4 Likes

A lot of people PRETENDED to get a refund but in actuality they didn’t. Why else would they still post in this forum. They just wanted some attention. Like spoiled brats, kicking and screaming at the grocery store.

11 Likes

Yes it will be locked, but I don’t know when.

The forum software is also very slow to update account status. Buying a game or removing a license may require someone to log out of the forums and log back in to force a flagging reset. Otherwise it happens, but slowly.

This too.

8 Likes

The community has a way of exiling such people and even if it doesn’t get locked, a feature like in Steam, to indicate the poster owns the game would be cool.

5 Likes

Perhaps you’re right, but in that case we will know they’re lying since the forums are locked to non-owners.

Yes I agree. A status on the profile to indicate this poster D4 game purchase would be good to discern trolls pretending to “refund”.

It would likely be impossible for Blizzard to determine whether they had preordered (and/or refunded) a console version of the game however.

3 Likes

Almost as many refund trolls as trolls whining about the refund posts…almost. Why does it matter? I am sure some are “fake” just as sure some are real. But what does it matter to you? That is called white knighting. It is someone who is so unsecure in their own opinion of game they lash out at those who criticize it.
There is no game that is perfect. Is no game I have never criticized and the ones i give two cents about are the ones i criticize the most.

4 Likes

Why would it matter to you if I wanted to know?
You want to be white knighting and defending them?
Are you so insecure?

Never. /20characters

What do you think of those who have to “advertise” that they are no longer interested in something? Insecure in their opinion and need people to approve of them? Want to create drama and get attention?

The internet is weird. There is a push towards being as uncivil and over the top dramatic for clicks as possible.

Guess what, it is ok to just quit something without dramatics and telling everyone. It is also ok to point out that those people are being drama llamas.

Calling someone a “white knight” is just as bad as pitching a tantrum and stomping off.

Reality. The forums will be locked so that only those with a license can post on the PC forum. Simple. Problem will be solved eventually.

10 Likes

I hope they move to a new forum or reset this one.

2 Likes

You have 355 posts, there are around 2-3 posts of people stating they are refunding and they are obvious troll posts.

How many more posts will you need before you realize that people post “refunding” to troll and get upvotes. They didnt actually refund the game.

1 Like

I agree. Only those who own the game should be able to make posts here.

3 Likes

Hopefully soon. If you refunded then go find another game that suits your interest.

2 Likes

Just like the D3 forum clown “I quit” who keeps coming back like a bad penny.

2 Likes

idk don’t rly care at all.
To me people who already refunded doesn’t understand arpg genre at all.
Real game will start only in wt3-4.
The only reason to refund that i see - that this game is basically D3.5 but come on who cares it is still Diablo game and you probably didn’t see enough to judge.

1 Like

I am planning on playing on console, but I enjoy reading [some of] the threads, and participating, on the PC forum.

I noticed that between the beta and server slam they had locked out posting for console owners, in the PC forum, but the console forum seems to have allowed everyone to post.

It would be nice if people who owned the game on any platform, could post in both. But it would really help if people who don’t own the game couldn’t post in either.

It’s no biggie though, because I will probably buy the PC version too, just not until after launch.

1 Like

ARGH and so many accounts of his. Not just that forum either. He is on other Blizz forums too. Same thing. YEARS of it.

5 Likes

After D4 launches I might say goodby to some of the old timers on the D3 forum. I will put D3 to bed after S29. I really have no interest in playing recycled seasons. I will be all in on D4.

3 Likes