What would you like to see in diablo 4

Your topic made me think quite a lot these days as Diablo 4’s future haunts me.
Here’s my ideas:

Exhibit and value your art

• front-side viewing art, paintings on walls in dungeons, campaign and world
  • Why?
    • makes you love Diablo 4 more
    • having nice things to look at, which connect you to D4 and feel like you want to give something back/more/sustain the game after you appreciate them
    • respect your artists
    • easy to implement with already-existing assets
    • connects artists and creators with the spirit of Sanctuary and world of Diablo 4
  • Implementation
    • add as emote or while hovering the art, press a button to have a full frontal view (like the redeem card ending in the shop)
    • if you make it clickable like staying on chairs in town, it will definitely need an option to turn on and off this functionality (in combat and HC you may not want it, in timed events you definitely don’t want it until the event ends)

Vistas

• Why?
    • Have reasons for more wallpapers and screenshots → your wallpaper keeps you more thinking about the game and appreciating the fine work done there
    • spread Sanctuary’s marvel on the internet → more searches and popularity for the game, better marketing
  • want to see more beautiful scenery, like the campaign offered
  • it was closer to a cinematic feel and a calming break from the battle, which we lost after campaign

Cellars 2.0

• Why?
    • They’re unused minimal dungeons, a gold mine awaiting to be tapped into for content
  • Cellars can be made enticing by:
    • adding more puzzles to them
    • adding rare dedicated items like Wirt’s leg and the unique-but-blue items we hunted for in D3, to open portals to secret realms or activating secret side quests, of which some would even give you a Feat of Strength as easter eggs (like development hell was in D3)
    • adding specific elixirs only obtainable from them, that would be of use for some bosses (e.g. find a wine elixir that adds a chance to daze elites)

World minibosses

• Why?
    • Make leveling experience enjoyable
  • I don’t recall the last time I killed a lvl 35 mob as a lvl 20, like in open beta. Simply adding a scattered prism or drop a random unique (not aspect, as those go to dungeons as a prime experience) tied to their region and personality, to lessen leveling experience and have some target farming would entice more play for them.

Raids

• Why?
    • Most people ignore them now
    • They were cool at start and faded away as other systems were buffed
  • Strongholds can be vastly improved, here’s my full-fledged suggestions on it Skip the Strongholds - #20 by Tor-22719

Proper longer dungeons (multi-floored, time-gated)

• Why?
    • To keep immersion in world and reality, to bring life to something more of an medieval MMO than an cheap arcade feel the pits give
    • To keep strategy into play like GRs/Pits offered
    • To create a sense of community and have another reason to play a bit more with your friends
    • To make cohesive use of assets
  • Masterworking would move to NMDs, as after getting glyphs to lvl 21 there’s not much to do there
  • It would be something that keeps players interested for no more than 30 minutes, available like World Bosses
  • It would contain:
    • Full-fledged castles
      • when I saw Lilith’s castle/fortress I immediately thought of Castlevania and wanting to play in all the floors inside it
      • 2nd time I got baited with a castle gate/entrance and not having the full castle! (1st time was with D3 ROS)…want the actual real thing badly!
    • Full-fledged mines (think Mines of Moria)
    • Full-fledged palaces
    • Full-fledged prisons
  • mid-way have middle bosses: Butcher, The Smith from D2, Astaroth, Izual etc.
  • reinstate hobo story bosses and previous D2 act bosses as end-bosses of these dungeons: each Tormented boss would have one dedicated to it (Duriel, Andariel, then expansions Mephisto, Diablo, Baal etc.) - cherish your legacy and rejoice in slaying them with D4 builds
  • How to make it rewarding?
    • Give access to new materials/items that the expansion brings (this is much more up to you, idk what secrets you have for us)
    • Give a resplendent spark once a week (similar to weekly WB whisper)
1 Like