What this patch really is

As sad as it is, this is normal. They have 1 super nerf patch that kills everyone and then about 6 months later they release the super buff patch which fully balances the game out. I mean these nerfs are still 100% uncalled for especially being dropped all at the same time.

6 Likes

Dont care if thebgame takes more the 3 weeks with 64 hours of game play just wont play the game and might not even get the expansions.

1 Like

I did. We didn’t get patch notes until today, so I knew something pretty bad was coming.

4 Likes

It was a patch to spite the players after the devteam got rightfully criticised and humiliated for their rubbish game.

12 Likes

Its just me but the patch shows they are philosophically leaning too heavy on mmo style balance, this level of unbalanced serfs is what turned me off from mmos in the past, its as if actiblizz learned absolutely nothing. I purchased an arpg, they took the A out of this with all these serfs. Its as if they purposely toned down everything even potentially fun. If I wanted a challenge ID play a souls like. I still cannot figure who these changes are for.

2 Likes

I really don’t get why they want to slow everything down so much.

Eh, I guess they want to try to have players play longer per session and longer over all so we can look at the store more frequently and go: “Oo, aahhh.”

I don’t think people will be very enthused to buy cosmetic items to celebrate the slow grind to level up and the hitting like a wet noodle no matter the class and build.

“Behold my slow, easy-to-kill, pool noodle-wielding Nerf Herder!”

8 Likes

problem is other afixes same as aspcets are s**t since there is no significant change to core mechanics. you still want to stack the same stats and roll same afixes but now they are just harder to stack. pointless route.

By Season 4 maybe we will have something good going on?

2 Likes

Yay, in one year the game might be what it should have been from day 1.

:beers:

4 Likes

I think this is basically Blizzards gameplan for seasons here and out, a carbon copy of Diablo 3. Sure, everything got nerfed into the ground now…S2…you’ll most likely get a new patch with 1000% buffs to everything, you’ll face roll all content and then cry its too easy, to get a slapped with a new nerf patch and it’ll be a constant nerf…buff…nerf race whilst they try to figure out how to actually balance the game.

1 Like

This is D3 all over again.

A) 1-2 classes devs actually play being absurdly op get slightly nerfed just for new aspects and buffs being introduced in season counterbalance said nerfs on the positive - so a further buff to said already OP classes.

B) completely toss a turd over every other class and player s head not giving a damn.

C) BIGGEST nerf being to the weakest class so none will ever play it again (anyone remembers monks back in D3?).

As cherry on top, they state “we want you to feel your character s strenght going up”, so they proceeded to male everything in game stronger against you while weakening you same time.

The whole purpose of the season was acquiring these hearts to get aone crazy powers and feel like godlike, while now whoever has the stomach to still play this steaming pile of trash will have to grind those crazy powers… just to get back to how strong their char was before this patch.

LMAO

5 Likes

Nothing. the young ones will jump on the hate/cry train… same as they have been all along. Screaming how horrible the game is yet refuse to leave it or stop talking about it, in the hopes they can feel, I don’t know, important enough to maybe sway someone’s mind?

2 Likes

If you were super deep into vul/crit, you are going to feel the most, yeah. However, it seems that every class major build was deep into vulnerable/crit.

The devs are literal ji bai.

Want to bet? They just lost me. Had every intention of playing s1 even knew the patch was going to suck. But did not imagine it was going to be this bad in my wildest dreams. D4 is DEAD.

6 Likes

They have no creativity or ability to balance this game. They’re solutions are to basically just remove stuff.

HotA has a bug thats the only reason the build is viable? Nerf it without addressing the core problem of the build. Fields of hatred buff not working? disable it. uber uniques messed up? Disable it.

NERFS ARE NOT A SOLUTION to every problem in your broken game.

16 Likes

The hearts are the focus to basically farm and get back the power Blizzard stole from you in the first place, by the time you have farmed thousands of hearts you might have clawed back something meaningful.

9 Likes

No one asked it to be toned down, people asked it for it to be completely removed. There should be no multiplicative modifiers, because if there’s it instantly will be meta.

Same for skills, if there’s a single Core skill that provides multiplicative damage, the other Core skills will simply not be good.

It’s like the player base hasn’t been saying this since Season 1 in D3. Blizzard is tone def.

I won’t touch this game until the devs pull their heads out of their a**es. I’ll stick with risk of rain 2.

1 Like

Removing it is unnecessary. There are better solutions, like chance on hit, or other conditions, if you don’t think a flat dmg nerf is good.