What does a preload do?

Sorry, new to this kind of thing, but does this mean that the content is just downloaded even though it isn’t accessible until the 8th? I apologize in advance but I just want to make certain I don’t miss out on doing something with the update and expansion because I didn’t understand what it meant. -Oldish Guy

1 Like

Yep literally what you said.

Pre-loading just lets you download all the files ready for launch. Which means as soon as the gates open you can log straight in and start playing, otherwise on launch you would have to sit there waiting for the ~40gb download to finish first before logging in.

4 Likes

Thank you kindly for the answer.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening in your cup area.

depend on how some company do it, with how early this one was released, might still have a day 1 patch to download. However for most part it just make it easier to be able to play at launch time and not sitting around waiting for the update to finish a hour before launch.

In the fiery pits of Sanctuary, where brave Nephalem face off against the legions of hell, there’s one battle you didn’t expect: pre-loading! Picture this—you’re deep in the throes of passion, your stamina bar full, ready to face the final boss… then boom! Pre-loading strikes like an elite Hellspawn ambush.

2 Likes

Yeah it just downloads the expansion so you can play straight away on launch day

We will have another patch to install prior to launch.

Preloading is when you and your friends do a bunch of shots before going clubbing. To be in the right mood and to save money at the club.

:thinking:

It’s so REFRESHING TO see people posting here… HELPING and Answering a simple question with out somebody being a total Troll/Bully/Idiot.

OR somebody saying “D 4 BAD, you shouldn’t even of wasted your time, POE 2 is coming out, go play that instead” etc etc etc… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What about people with a vasectomy?

1 Like