What do i do now with all these items?

Just logged into my account after 2 months off waiting for S4 to start and all my legacy items are tagged with a skull - what the heck does all this mean?

I have 20000 items to go through

immediate panic attack help

All items on the Eternal Realm were turned into Legacy items due to all the changes with the itemization overhaul. You will be unable to use the new systems on these items and they are locked in terms of their stats. You will have to find brand new items moving forward that will be even more powerful than your Legacy gear.

You can still wear those items mind you, until you find something better, but they can’t be altered in anyway.

If you want a brief summary of the changes:

Would also suggest reading the patch notes, and the news section regarding all the changes, such as the new tempering, master working, etc.

If you have more questions afterward feel free to ask.

1 Like

You might want to seek professional help for your hoarding issue. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks Iggi

Curious if you think any are worth keeping since they may have affix combos that are now obsolete?

Eventually no. Even though Damage Reduction, +All stat, and +Shrine duration was removed completely as an affix, the new items and affix ranges will make you extremely powerful.

It’ll take some getting used to, and it will take a while to regear if you play on the Eternal Realm, but you’ll eventually get rid of everything you previously had, I have no doubt.

1 Like

No. The new gear is far superior. If you look at all the posts in the forums with eternal people complaining they can’t kill anything because they insisted on keeping the legacy gear instead of replacing it you’ll soon see why lol

1 Like

Just break them all down unless you want to keep some for historical sake

1 Like

I’m having a ptsd moment about when the man at the hobby store bought my magic cards collection from me for $20. He scammed a 10 year old and I’ll never be the same.\

We’re keeping our ubers tho right?

2 Likes

Ubers haven’t changed, there’s actually 1 more they added. Some normal Uniques have changed and sadly the new Legendary items with Tempering are arguably better then most uniques depending on the build. They’re coming up with solutions to the problem but nothing concrete yet.

That being said any new Ubers you find or make can have Greater Affixes on them, if you’re lucky. For reference Greater Affixes can appear on Ancestral gear and they max out an affix as well as give it a 1.5x boost.

Still some bugs going around though, so make sure to fill out a bug report in the bug forums if you come across any.

OK - maybe worth salvaging for sparks then… hmmmm my palms are sweating

1 Like

Yea a lot has changed, minion necros are back with a vengeance, gold prices have never been higher to upgrade your gear, and there’s mixed reviews going around for all the systems.

Honestly it’s been fun. Also if you do play on the Seasonal Realm just be aware the gimmick this time around is very light. Most of their time was spent on this massive overhaul of the itemization system. S5 will be back to normal though.

Take your time, read through the changes, and enjoy yourself.

2 Likes

Also chaos whisper caches give tons of gold if you need more, and just whisper caches in general will get you started.

The only thing that I sort of don’t like is going back to get all the Masterwork materials, just to make the necessary upgrades. This might not be bad for someone starting fresh, but if you have a character at 100 or close, you are going to be doing a lot of Pit Bosses repeatedly to Masterwork your gear into shape. I do like the tempering aspect, though.

I’m just now having the same problem, except its even worse, all of my legacy items now require a higher level than I am to use. I didn’t know what the skull meant and unequipped and cant re-equip any of my items, so I don’t even have my legacy items to help me get new items for my favorite champion. I booted up D2R after that out of frustrations haha.