Welcome to the Necromancer Category

Welcome to the Necromancer category! We encourage you to use this forum to provide feedback and/or discuss your experiences while playing as the Necromancer class in [Diablo IV]. Consider this the home for all theory crafting, build crafting and general discussion surrounding the Necromancer class.

(https://diablo4.blizzard.com/ 47).

PLEASE NOTE: Users who troll, harass, or try to incite nonconstructive discourse will be suspended from this forum.

Our community forums are a place for users to express constructive feedback and share game-related ideas with fellow wanderers. Respect and courtesy are essential when communicating in all Diablo IV categories—this assures comfort for everyone.

The Community team and moderators will work to foster an atmosphere for constructive discussion and debate. Users who participate in any category in our forum will be expected to follow our Code of Conduct 7.

In addition to the forum’s Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, they cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked.

This category was designed specifically for discussions about the Necromancer class in Diablo IV and related topics only.

Any topics not related to the Necromancer class in Diablo IV on console, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment are subject to deletion. Additionally, users who spam meaningless symbols, special characters, images, videos, or fragmented ideas that do not contribute to a larger Diablo IV conversation will also find their topics subject to deletion.

Do not post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols, etc.

While everyone wants their posts to be read, we ask you to refrain from using these tactics to bring more attention to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Do not use words like “Blizzard,” “Blue,” or any employee names in a thread topic.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, these kinds of posts will not help you achieve your goal. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to removal, along with forum account suspension.

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason. Users who are found to be bumping posts will be subject to forum account suspension and post removal.

Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums, so we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to removal and users found to be inciting boycotts will risk forum account suspension.

Do not disregard Feedback threads.

Occasionally, Feedback Threads will be created to consolidate opinions and concerns revolving around a specific topic. These topics are designed to house topically relevant conversation, making it easier for developers to find community feedback regarding a specific subject. Users who ignore these Feedback Threads risk thread removal.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads.

There is always a reason behind our moderators’ decisions. It is up to you to read our forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

2 Likes

I feel like necromancers that use summon builds as myself are really lacking and behind with survivability and damage im level 50+ and im following a minion summoner build i found + some tweaks of my own and from 1-50 i crushed it no problem now im having trouble staying alive in some nightmare dungeons compared to other classes where i have no problem. i feel like some new mechanics and or buffs are needed for necros to make a minon build viable, i personally dont like playing necro any other way except using minons thats why i made it if anyone has some good minons builds for 50+ please let me know.

6 Likes

I agree with SleepShots. The necro class is lacking protection skills and minions are too weak. I get killed frequently and the minions just die quickly. They don’t do enough damage either. There are several bosses and one act boss I can’t get through because the necromancer is just too weak. Since I can’t beat that act boss I am level 50 and still don’t have a mount. I have tried so many ways to beat it. Now at level 50 this class is a lot harder. It needs some serious work and it’s a shame because it’s always been my favorite.

2 Likes

to level 70 and T4 you can play basicaly all minion builds, but after you get weaker and weaker to unplayable. Best way is to play necro is without any summons. The reaseon this is because the main skill summon skeleton cant be buffed +1/2 like other active skill with items ,Instead you can have more minion dmg +5% or flat summon skill +10%. The only passiv skill is hellbound comander thats only buff your skeleton warriors.
Some nodes on paragon board, but they all realy shi+y compared to others.
There is maybe one build than can make it playable its the unique Ring mendolin.
So stay away from summonder untill fixed or very hard buffs or it will lead to frustration

2 Likes

Im level 80 now and i found a very viable bone spear build, and im critting for 300k damage zo the damage output and cc is wonderful and i have 4 evades with movement speed as well so im fine actually doin great sifh mobility but i do think necros are warrior casters and would be so benefical if we had a teleport like one that can teleport to our corspes every 10 secones or something like the sorceress with their teleport but we need a corpse to teleport would help so much. @diablodevs

Are there plans to fix the “darkness” on the corpse explosion to make, at a minimum, the others besides the necro able to see through it? I play with my cousin and his necro blinds me to nearly every enemy attack while on my rogue. It is really hard to live when you cant see the explosions going off under your feet.

I think many people just havent played necro past 50 because of all they hear is that minion builds arent working its pretty sad.

2 Likes

I’m a Necro beyond 50 and my minion, corpse (blight) and blood mist build demolishes. I utilize corpse blight to the fullest! I do explode more than 5 corpses, so idk what the problem was with that.

I like how you can make three viable Bone builds (Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, and Hybrid Bone Spear/Minions). I’m not sure how Bone Spirit performs, but it seems Bone Spear is the strongest build of 3 or 4 Necromancers core. But I have a feeling it will not be strong as it is soon, sadly.

Blood looks interesting, but it seems to have some issues regarding the Overpowered and Blood Lance. I hope it’s being looked into. I haven’t gotten too much into it, but I’ve been watching some gameplay.

Shadow actually looks fun. I tried an Ice/Shadow/Minion setup and it seem to be decent, but Minions are the biggest problems to build around, so sacrificing them tis the best option. I believe DoT is having some problems, but I haven’t played it enough to be helpful there. Hopefully its looked into.

Minions are pretty bad. I play this build the most, and sadly, I’m very disappointed in the outcome and the amount of work you need to invest to receive a crumb, unless you obtain the Unique Ring that overshadows the investment put into Minions. Basically, if I didn’t have the ring, my Minions are worthless regardless of all the Minion Aspects, Skill points/Passives, and Paragon Points. So far, I was able to clear, at 76, a level 101 mob NM. I forgot what tier was it, maybe 46. That took me a while to complete because of Minion problems, and very low Dps, while waiting for Lucky Hit procs from the Unique Ring. I even switch over to Bone to test and was able to 1 shot an elite around the same level. Minion build is so bad, its hard to fit it in the other build of Bone, Shadow, and Blood, because the Minions aren’t doing the Dmg/aggro carry, rather, its the Core spenders. I’m not sure if the Paragon or Aspects are bugged, but I hope its looked into.

• A command attack for Minions would help. I suggest it be Raise Skeleton and have raise Skeleton not hit a corpse for a skeleton to be raised, but your able to click the ground and it can summon a skeleton to raise, due to the current corpse disappearing bug.

Bone Golem Taunts are horrendous and causes constant deaths due to enemies not being taunted and head right to the Necromance, while avoiding the Minions. It needs to be fixed as well as Minion aggro, especially for Golem and Warriors. The Paragon has something called “Hulking Monstrosity” that’s meant for the Golem, yet they are HIGHLY weak and hit like noodle. There is nothing “Hulking” about this Paragon chart, instead of avoiding it.

I suggest we take the Skeleton Priest off of the “Raise Skeleton” and allow Necromancers to have the Priest within the Party, like the Golem. When a Minion is taking Dmg it auto heals them, while providing constant buffs like resistance, reduction, buffing, etc. The Skeleton Priest can hang back or next to the Necromancer.

We should get something called General, or Commander, where we can make a Specific Skeleton (Warrior or Mage) the strongest, with a glow, that is able to do large amounts of Dmg. This should be in the Paragon Chart.

I hope the Aspects are looked into because they’re not working as intended, and, if so, they are poorly calculated.

I also hope we get more Minion interaction and fun. I may have missed some other things, but there are many others who have delve deep into the troubles this build and other builds of Necromancer.

2 Likes

Agree, minions need to be buffed overall as playing a full minion Necromancer is just not good. I really don’t like that the bone builds completely invalidate and overshadow minions instead of being just as good or viable.

SUGGESTION: Talent for passive summons

Everyone knows Necromancers are saddled with an additional action button to manage their skeletons (and golem). This button serves some purpose in a small buff and heal, however I believe it is killing build diversity for Necromancers.

It is currently not possible to play a Necromancer using minions for utility (as opposed to pure damage) without babysitting them with this heal. Additionally, it’s not practical to utilize a golem without also using minions and the heal at higher nightmare tiers due to the damage they take (making blood golem the only self reliable option is extremely underwhelming). Removing this ability from your action bar immediately de-spawns any minions, but they wouldn’t last long without heals anyways.

As an example, for corpse explosion / shadow builds, I enjoy the reapers for their corpse generation and the distraction they can provide (and in theory the shadow mages if they work with shadowblight) and don’t really care if their own damage is negligible. Nevertheless, they must be regularly maintained (both in skill bar abilities, itemization, and paragon trees) to function as such utility.

As an alternative, I would like to see a talent or glyph (preferably one of these due to the limited aspects / unique items required of most builds) that will allow minions to persist without the ability on your action bar and re-summon one on cooldown whenever you consume a corpse or periodically (e.g. every 5 seconds or so). This would primarily enable additional build diversity with space for critical things like blood mist, an additional curse, or even bone prison / bone spirit. Currently it feels more like an all-or-nothing situation. With this concept, they may still die occasionally, but should not be a focus of the playstyle as they are passively maintained provided the Necromancer is doing most of the heavy lifting before they are wiped out.

(P.S. also look into the woefully under-tuned bone prison and hulking golem aspects; additionally, Iron maiden really needs to stand on its own without relying on a highly niche aspect for a moderate damage multiplier or it needs to be coupled into other abilities similar to the sever / blight aspect).

1 Like

Devs seriously out of touch they just buffed bone skills and no minion buffs at all like wow.

I am currently a level 83 Necro. I have a full-on summoner build with a total of 12 minions. I’ve been playing since early launch and I’ve seen some major issues that people have already taken note of in the forums. Paragon nodes are definitely not supplying all of the perk percentages as they display in the Paragon tree. My minions although I have invested everything into making them stronger does not seem to work. The passive for the minions in the skill tree is a joke as well. It is nearly impossible to keep that perk active while engaging in combat. Good luck not getting hit and barriers definitely don’t help.

It is extremely frustrating to invest all of the this time and resources into the minions and it amount to basically nothing. Currently it feels like I’m being forced to sacrifice my minions in order to make the necro build viable. This is something I refuse to do seeing I enjoy all of my battle buddies. I think it’s almost time to start playing another character or finding a new game that isn’t broken like this one has been since launch.

Blizzard step up your quality control before releasing.

M A C E S
F O R
N E C R O M A N C E R!

You all might never get this but I really wish Necromancers could use maces or at least 1 handed maces I find it silly that they can’t use them and got genuinely upset about it, my friends were pretty bummed too.
Would you all one day be able to make it possible?

Who doesn’t want to start a Death Knight will choose from just as useless builds as the developers of the game itself! Thanks for spoiling your necro gaming experience like this! They can’t follow in the footsteps of the old team !

I left my level 70 minion necro and started a sorcerer. I am now at level 60 and I can just blow through mobs with frost. Even clear higher tier dungeons where my minion build would fail. So start another character and you can see what you are missing.

Hello, I’m not sure how else to provide feedback about a glitch in the Matrix related to the Lidless Wall. I think the Barber issue was fixed, or was it completely, IDK? The problem I’m seeing is that after having proced Bone Storms numerous times throughout a dungeon it ineveitably stops working as if it were on some sort of an internal timer eventhough there are plenty of uneffected ads being hit and the Bone Storm is still visually active around my character. Furthermore, if I reactivate it while the visual Bone Storm glitch is still around my character it does not reset, and once this happens it will still not apply Bone Storm on additional uneffected ads as it should. Sometimes the visual Bone Storm animation won’t go away at all and will consistently not function when recaste untill much later or after respawing. Basically, Shielding Storm and Osseous Gale stop functioning and my damage, crit, resource and defense buffs drop off as well which equalls death/sad face. I spent a lot of time theory crafting my build and its great when it works, but it always fails eventually in NM dungeons. Can someone please take a look at why the Lidless stops procing Bone Storms on uneffected ads eventhough I can see the Bone Storm spinning around me and why it doesnt reset when I recast in real time after this glitch has occured? Thank you for your time.

I finally got the console bug report to work for me, and submitted there.

Just curious if anyone is having an issue finding the ring of sacrilegious souls? I’ve just killed the echo of Varshan again and I haven’t got this item to drop. I don’t have an exact kill count, but I just deposited my 57th mucus slicked egg. Is this a bug or just bad RNG. I didn’t have nearly this much trouble finding other malignant rings.